Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Walk through it, or go around it? >

Walk through it, or go around it?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Walk through it, or go around it?

Old 08-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT
I never told you not to do anything, Jeff. I told you what I'd do (and not do).

Everything I told you in this thread has been backed up by others (in this thread). You just have a hard-on for confrontation with me.

Give 'em hell....and good luck.
Dude if you are talking to me that way, you definately give me no reason for a hard on. Im just sitting back reading others post. I havent called you anything but pompous.

I respect your advice, but dont criticize me for my way of doing things. I could easily join in and start talking about your negative sides, but too many people have said their peace!
Old 08-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Jeff...I NEVER criticized you, personally, or otherwise (you and others doing that to me is where this thread went south). Why can't we simply discuss tactics without making things personal?

I disagreed with a tactic you were/are discussing in this thread. That is all. It's my personal experience level that keeps being called into question. Just evaluate the merits of the advice given on its' own merit....and leave the personal jabs out. I'll follow suit.

Fair enough?

Let it go.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT

You can continue to constantly call my experience level into question. But my results speak for themselves. So what (exactly) is my apparent lack of experience costing me, as far as results? I'm curious.

What does it cost you?

You limit how you hunt. You WON'T do this and DON'T do that.

Sometimes it pays to think outside the box. I'm sure that your success instills that attitude.

Sometimes a hunter is limited on when or where he can hunt. If you found yourself limited to only hunting mornings or midmornings (outside the rut)you may find yourself sitting at home because you don't know how to hunt in those situations.

This is where experience comes into play.

Somewhere, sometime ago, someone decided to clash some antlers together and see what would happen. That person broke all the rules about being quiet on stand. Look where that tactic is today!

I've read your statements about not hunting destination food sources in the AM and not hunting mid day outside the rut. I can understand a little about why, but sometimes by expanding how you hunt will lead to gaining experience if you some day find yourself hunting a new area or limited on the time of day you can hunt.

What if the deer are bedding on property you can't get permission to hunt? I find that situation lots of times where I hunt.

If you got a new area and aren't sure where exactly the deer bed, what do you do? Not hunt at all? Spend the season scouting?

You might have an awesome area to hunt now, just like I use to. Things happen. Land owners die, sell, start refusing permission or they allow slob hunters on the property.

A couple years ago we had that EHD come through my area and deer were laying dead everywhere.

Who knows how you hunting situation will change? Limiting you tactics based on a couple years of good hunting isn't the best thing to do in my opinion.

Last edited by Windwalker7; 08-04-2009 at 07:40 AM.