Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Walk through it, or go around it? >

Walk through it, or go around it?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Walk through it, or go around it?

Old 08-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Jeff:

I honestly don't care how you do it. If you think deer won't bed in corn....then you're on your own.

I was trying to help you. I don't need the confrontation.

Give 'em hell.

p.s. Link me to the article that tells the hunter to hunt a corn field edge in the AM and to enter through the middle of the corn.

Here you are questioning what someone read
Old 08-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Beezer
I'm by no means a great hunter, but common sense told me while watching a show one time that it didn't seem right to walk across the very crop fields the guys were planning on hunting. As if they knew I was calling them idiots, one immediately answered my questions about what they were doing. Their reasoning was that the deer come from the treelines, not the middle of the crop field. So, by walking across the field itself they limited their scent trail to just the section they walked through. Since it was the middle of a large field, there was less of a chance of being scented. If they'd walked along the treeline to their stands, they'd have chanced putting a scent trail along the entire treeline, thus increasing the chance of being scented by deer.

Seemed odd at the time, but it also made sense to me. Then again, I'm still a beginning hunter myself.

This has worked for me..... not full proof, but does work
Old 08-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Dominant Buck

YES! I questioned his assertion that deer won't bed in corn. Is this the point you wanna argue? Really?

Good luck. You hunt ANY way you want to....

(and you'll notice I didn't get a link to that article)

Last edited by GMMAT; 08-02-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have links to others posts from other threads but I've been reading your post for some time now. (weeks)

I'm not on here much but when I am i always see you acting like a know it all.

Back when you were on here and just started bowhunting you always had lots of threads asking stuff about bowhunting. I don't recall people treating you like you treat others now.

You always question others like they are lying or something. Yeah people lie but act like you accuse everyone.

Your post

what?????????

Phil was actually agreeing with you about how an area can get messed up and deer will stay away. Yet you seem to jump on him by quoting his post saying "what??????"

The guy was actually backing you up and you were too stupid to see that.

That's my beef with you. You treat a lot of people like that.

I just question your experience for offering some bad advice and you start bawling that I attacked you.

Then you go on to accuse me of being jealous of you.

Jealous of what? Hey, I get lots of deer too. You averaged 7 deer a year for 3 years. I did that for 16 years.

Seems you have a sore spot when someone questions your experience. You've mentioned that several times. Truth hurts, doesn't it?
Old 08-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by odom82
This has worked for me..... not full proof, but does work

Hmmmmm! Here's another guy that had success with this method.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

Is it wrong that I keep on "refreshing" this page for the next Windwalker and Gmmat post???
Seriously though, Jeff (I think that is who started this thread???haha) just so you don't lose total confidence in you corn field AM hunting.... I have killed just under a dozen deer, bucks and does, over a corn field in the morning. NO it is not as good as the PM hunt, but if its a good spot you won't have a problem seeing deer. Hey, deer eat corn, and sometimes it's for breakfast.....
Ok, with that said Windwalker and GMMAT- Are you ready? Are you ready? Lets get it on!!!!! Round 26 is about to begin...
Old 08-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Odom....lol...I only said "I" wouldn't do it (and gave my reasoning why). You guys wann do it? Have at it. Good luck (sincerely).
Old 08-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, I question your experience
Attached Thumbnails Walk through it, or go around it?-bb100use.jpg  
Old 08-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Dominant Buck

WW....you amuse me....but not that much. You just made my ignore list. You can argue with yourself, now.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT
I posted the "what??????" becuase someone said when they killed a deer...the deer fled the area for two weeks. Doesn't that assertion intrigue you?

Let me get this straight.....You keep saying I'm giving bad advice....but you fail to counter it with anything tangible. You come here to this thread insulting me, then whine about how I treat you and others. I ask for a link to an article....and you accuse me of calling people liars.

Are you REALLY the guy berating the deer I take and questioning my experience?

Now....get off my trousers, ankle biter.
LOL! That is funny I'll give you a point for digging that up!

Think about it, you worry about just walking through an area and spooking a deer and messing things up. When you kill, gut and drag a deer out of the same area, are you saying that won't mess things up?

I took it as if Phil was backing you up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.