Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What should I do? 58 days to opening day! >

What should I do? 58 days to opening day!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What should I do? 58 days to opening day!

Old 08-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Spike

not to be mean but she would be giving me garage sale money... lol
Old 08-09-2009, 05:13 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
How long ago??? You may find a kind heart somewhere that would be willing to return the bow for a REWARD!!! It's worth a try.... Post an ad in the local paper, pleading your case and see what happens. There are still a few HONEST people out there.

Otherwise, I'd start looking on AT classified for a new bow, and work it from there. Sorry for your loss.....
Great advice. It had to be someone local. And if you do manage to track them down, hopefully they will have enough sense to realize that it is worth much more then they paid for it, and can clearly see it was a mistake...if they haven't already resold it for a much bigger profit. Check your local papers classified also, you just might see it in there.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:18 AM
Typical Buck

Hey sorry to hear of your loss. I jsut got a geat deal on last year's hoyt katera. I have 2 older hoys sitting in my room (about 4 or 5 years old) one has new strings and cables. I would be willing to sell one to you jsut to cover the cost of shipping. PM me if ur interested
Old 08-26-2009, 07:19 AM
Spike

Exclamation

The insurance claims adjuster met with all of us this past Saturday(8-22-09). He was impressed with everything I had as proof of ownership(reciepts, owners manual for the bow, owners manual for the case, etc). He told us we should be hearing from them this week some time. Today my father informed me that he recieved a letter from them yesterday. It was a check!!!. They paid me for everything in full minus the state sales tax. I just got off th phone with Adam at http://www.huntersfriend.com/ . He said my bow should be here in 7-10 business days!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

Woooooooooooow man good for you !!!!!!!!! Still have time to get it set up and start shooting too. Amazing how things work out......... Good luck with everything
Old 08-26-2009, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW. I would not have thought the insurance company would pay for something like that. What company is it? Just knowing that they did that for you makes me want to review my policy and maybe change to your company. That is awesome for you and I am glad to hear you will be set back up and shooting soon.