Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What should I do? 58 days to opening day! >

What should I do? 58 days to opening day!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What should I do? 58 days to opening day!

Old 07-30-2009, 04:00 AM
Spike

Default What should I do? 58 days to opening day!

Last weekend my aunt had a garage sale at her house and she accidentally sold my bow for $60. Long story short version, my dad had a spare bow he was going to sell and he told where it was at in the shed. She picked up my bow case and sold mine instead. Dads spare bow is bare (no sight, rest, stabilizer, etc.). In my bow case I had 12 carbon fiber arrows, 6 3blade rage broadheads, 12 rage target tips, my release, a PSE X-Force SS 60-70 lbs, Octane 1 piece quiver, G5 Optix XR sight, Octane Hostage Pro rest, Octane stabilizer 7", and a set of Super Quad Limbsavers. It took me 16 months to save up for that bow and now it is gone. I'm trying not to cry about this but damn.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:42 AM
Typical Buck

You had about 1700.00 bow sitting in a shed? WOW
Old 07-30-2009, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jag-mag
You had about 1700.00 bow sitting in a shed? WOW

And it got sold for $60. WOW, someone got the deal of their life.

To start, I would just break down and cry, I will not think less of you. As far as what to do now? You can start looking around for a decent used bow, something that is not going to cost an arm and a leg. It will get you out in the woods this year. I guess after than, all you can really do is start saving up for you dream setup again and try to move forward.

As a side note, my dad's grandma sold his is completly restored 1967 Mustang in a garage sell for $200. She thought she done him a huge favor.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:09 AM
Typical Buck

Wow, someone got a steal!!!!! Sorry to hear that. Best I can recommend is take the $60 she made off your bow and put it towards some arrows to start with and then quickly piece together a sight and rest and some broadheads and get to shootin' with your dads spare bow (provided it didnt get sold too).
Old 07-30-2009, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

That sucks!! My aunt would be buying me a new bow thats for sure!
Old 07-30-2009, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, I would make sure that the aunt knew exactly what she did for one. Secondly, I would never have stored a 1700 dollar item in a shed. Sorry for your luck, I hope you can find something to shoot for the season.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by srgav1n
Last weekend my aunt had a garage sale at her house and she accidentally sold my bow for $60. Long story short version, my dad had a spare bow he was going to sell and he told where it was at in the shed. She picked up my bow case and sold mine instead. Dads spare bow is bare (no sight, rest, stabilizer, etc.). In my bow case I had 12 carbon fiber arrows, 6 3blade rage broadheads, 12 rage target tips, my release, a PSE X-Force SS 60-70 lbs, Octane 1 piece quiver, G5 Optix XR sight, Octane Hostage Pro rest, Octane stabilizer 7", and a set of Super Quad Limbsavers. It took me 16 months to save up for that bow and now it is gone. I'm trying not to cry about this but damn.
How long ago??? You may find a kind heart somewhere that would be willing to return the bow for a REWARD!!! It's worth a try.... Post an ad in the local paper, pleading your case and see what happens. There are still a few HONEST people out there.

Otherwise, I'd start looking on AT classified for a new bow, and work it from there. Sorry for your loss.....
Old 07-30-2009, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would definately try to find the person who bought the bow and explain to them what happened. Hopefully they would be understanding. Give them a little more than the $60 they paid, that is if they are willing to give it up. If they aren't willing to part with the bow, then kill your aunt, but make it look like an accident.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by superstrutter
I would definately try to find the person who bought the bow and explain to them what happened. Hopefully they would be understanding. Give them a little more than the $60 they paid, that is if they are willing to give it up. If they aren't willing to part with the bow, then kill your aunt, but make it look like an accident.

There also may be a clause in your homeowner's insurance that covers this...... Certainly worth a shot. Even if you have to pay the deductible, it's still worth it unless you have a $1500 deductible.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would slap the F%&*ing $%1t out of her. Relax, just kidding.

OHbowhunter and superstrutter have good advice. Maybe can track down who bought it and work a deal? Be worth a shot. If not, you still have some time. I wish you luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.