Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Homemade ground blinds >

Homemade ground blinds

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Homemade ground blinds

Old 07-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default Homemade ground blinds

I was wanting to hear about what ya"ll thing about homemade ground blinds.I was thinking about making me some out of camo netting or some camo burlap and limbs.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt from the ground exclusively and I always carry a 8 foot piece of camo fabric and that gives me the flexibility to set up just about wherever I want. It only takes a couple of minutes to brush it in and I am set. The fabric is light weight and can be washed in washer in unscented detergent at the beginning of the season.

Bob
Old 07-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by fishintay
I was wanting to hear about what ya"ll thing about homemade ground blinds.I was thinking about making me some out of camo netting or some camo burlap and limbs.
Nothing wrong with that at all, in fact, more power to you if you get it done that way.

Watch the wind, conceal yourself and you'll do just as good as any store bought, production blind. Good luck.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:33 PM
Spike

I'd stick with the fabric myself. I had some of the camo burlap and no matter what I did
(rinse, air out, scent killer, etc) it still had that wet burlap smell. Anyway, for a quick way to set up, if you cant brush in, I use cord and/or clothes pins to keep the fabric still. It's really annoying when it starts flapping in the breeze.