Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Undecided about which peep to use >

Undecided about which peep to use

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Undecided about which peep to use

Old 07-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Spike

Default Undecided about which peep to use

Do you guys think using a peep without a rubberband has that much more of an advantage than a peep with one? Thanks.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have not used a tube with my peep since the mid 90's. With a quality string and a little know how the peep comes around every single time. I have not had an issue hunting without a rubber tubing.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

In my opinion they are better. Strings now a days are built so much better, so peep rotation should not be an issue. But the number one issue with tubing is what if it breaks? I keep everything as simple as I can. If I miss any animal or target I want it to be my fault and not me equipments.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I switched to a tubless peep this year and love it.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

You might get some differing opinions but the majority of folks have deemed the tube a liability and went 'tubeless'. Simpler, quieter and equally reliable.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I prefer to go w/out the rubber tubing... i just recently put on a G5 Meta peep... love it.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Love my G5 Meta Peep. I use to have a tube peep a few years back and you're just better off having a tubeless one then you dont have to worry about the tube snapping / breaking.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:14 AM
Typical Buck

In theory a tubed peep is a great idea but in the real world they tend to fail when you need them the most. Why risk it. A good ol Jim Fletcher Tru Peep is hard to beat. A tubeless peep may take a little tinkering to get it to turn perfectly but there's a ton of information rt. here in how to do that. Go tubeless.

Dan
Old 07-24-2009, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

I guess I'm against the grain on this one. I used a tru-peep last season, and it worked pretty much, but no matter how much I tinkered and twisted and fiddled with it, I would have to physically turn the string to be sure it would line up straight on draw. So this year I decided to go with the tube style and not have to worry about it. Yes there is a possibility of the tube breaking, but there was also the possibility of me forgetting to give the tru-peep a twist and not be able to look through it on full draw. I consider those equal risk. So to me the tube is more reliable because It takes ME out of the mistake equation.

IMO there's enough stuff to think about before and during a draw.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:27 AM
Spike

Thanks for the reply guys. My problem is not the peep twisting into place but I cannot shoot with both eyes open after I switched to a tubeless peep. For some reason the peep kind of disappears with both eyes open...this did not happen to me when I used my peep with the tube. I rather shoot with both eyes open, this is why I was thinking about switching back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.