HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What' s your favorite Camo pattern (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/29859-what-s-your-favorite-camo-pattern.html)

Rickmur 05-08-2003 04:34 PM

What' s your favorite Camo pattern

As requested by T-23.

Which do you perfer and what are the circumstances for useing it?

PABowhntr 05-08-2003 05:20 PM

RE: What' s your favorite Camo pattern

I voted for the Realtree Xtra for the simple reason that I think it is a relatively open pattern with excellent color combinations for my hunting area. I like both the Xtra Brown and Xtra Gray for the various times of the year.

BOWFANATIC 05-08-2003 05:31 PM

I voted for MOBU simply because I' ve used it for years and if it aint broke , why fix it.[8D]

Syd1981 05-08-2003 05:34 PM

Mossy oak break up just what I have always used!

IL Trophy Hunter 05-08-2003 07:02 PM

I have fallen in love w/ Natural Gear. I think many of the new camo is creating shadows unnaturally. Nat Gear just seems to blend more well NATURALLY.

Olink 05-08-2003 07:12 PM

Predator Fall Brown.

davidmil 05-08-2003 07:24 PM

None of the above..... APPARITION!

jetblast 05-08-2003 07:49 PM

They all look great. But camo is really over-rated IMHO.

Natty Bumpo 05-08-2003 07:52 PM

I have most all of the realtree patterns. I have had good luck with advantage. Bow season here is 4 1/2 months long. The woods change from green to brown to gray from summer to fall and winter. I change my camo as the woods change.

But deer do not see color. THEY SEE MOVEMENT. Been hunting many years and have had many deer walk right up to me within 15 to 30 yards as I sat on the ground against a big tree. They never saw the BLAZE ORANGE vest that I had on. Of course I was hunting with a shotgun :( please dont rag on me too bad. But if you dont move they cant see you no matter what you have on. If you can see the deers eye he can see you move. Dont move until he cant see you. At very close range on the ground like less than 25 yards I think deer cant see hardly anything but a big blur. I have been surprised by deer while I was walking down old logging roads and I quickly drop to one knee and sometimes the deer just cant spot me at close range. But I have been picked out of my treestand from far away many times. I think deer have power vision and see way better from distances than they do up close.

Any how I think that camo makes hunters feel more confident and that is good. But if you dont move much and control your scent you could wear a flannel shirt and jeans and get very close to deer.

mez 05-08-2003 07:56 PM

Other, Natgear. Gotta love that lizard. It works really well in the more open country that I hunt in. The colors are right and it does not look like a big black blob at a distance.