Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My new spot.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default My new spot.

After a grueling 3 1/2 hours today, i finally hung my first lock-on stand by myself. Talk about a nightmare, but i think it's gonna be a honey hole for sure. i shot a buck last year about 50 yards from this spot, it was the first time i had hunted this part of the property. I also moved a tripod feeder up to this area as well, you can see it in one of the photos. This spot has a well worn trail to my left that is covered in large rubs from last year, in front of the stand is my feeder and to the right is another well known travel route.

All the trees in these woods are straight and tall, it's really difficult to find a tree that allows good cover. Give me your thoughts on the cover of this stand. Oh, and there is also a pic of the new deer camp which is about a half mile from my stand site.

Thanks,

Dustin.
Attached Thumbnails My new spot.-1.jpg   My new spot.-2.jpg   My new spot.-4.jpg   My new spot.-5.jpg   My new spot.-6.jpg  

Old 07-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

Here are some more.
Attached Thumbnails My new spot.-7.jpg   My new spot.-8.jpg   My new spot.-9.jpg  
Old 07-22-2009, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

that looks like a good place
Old 07-22-2009, 05:00 AM
Typical Buck

Looks good, hope it pans out for you. And dont worry, your time putting up stands will get quicker the more you do, just glad you took your time and did everything right. No sense in rushing it and possibly falling or hurting yourself some other way just to hurry and get a stand up.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

looks like a sweet set-up to me.good luck with the 2009 season.let us know what happens. lightfoot
Old 07-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

I like the set up! Real nice looking hang-on. How do you like having the climbing sticks on the opposite tree? I've got a couple spots that I've considered doing that. Seems like it'd be easier then trying to swing around from the side.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by DowningAir
I like the set up! Real nice looking hang-on. How do you like having the climbing sticks on the opposite tree? I've got a couple spots that I've considered doing that. Seems like it'd be easier then trying to swing around from the side.
I have always used a climber, and was concerned about transferring from the sticks to the back side of the lock-on. I actually hung the stand on a different tree before choosing this tree, and was way to uncomfortable with it. So i gave this method a shot and i feel at ease with it. From now on i will only use this method with a lock-on. i say give it a shot!
Old 07-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by dstubb
I have always used a climber, and was concerned about transferring from the sticks to the back side of the lock-on. I actually hung the stand on a different tree before choosing this tree, and was way to uncomfortable with it. So i gave this method a shot and i feel at ease with it. From now on i will only use this method with a lock-on. i say give it a shot!
Good thinkin! Looks great and should work out good for you. I might have to give that a try.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great looking spot, good luck!
Old 07-22-2009, 02:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Looks like a great spot! Good Luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.