Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Advice on broadhead >

Advice on broadhead

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Advice on broadhead

Old 07-21-2009, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default Advice on broadhead

I am currently shooting Montec G5 and there is absolutely nothing wrong with them. I was looking to possible adventure into the mechanical broadheads. Does anyone recommend a certain type over another? TY
Old 07-22-2009, 02:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

If what your using is working for you, the why change?
Old 07-22-2009, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

do you have to adjust your sight very much with your montecs?? ive heard tht they shoot close to field tips.. if you want to shoot mechanical i would suggest the trophy ridge undertaker, or i guess meatseaker is what theyre called this year
Old 07-22-2009, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

If you do change ,change to rage 2 blade
Old 07-22-2009, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

I've shot the G5's (montecs) for two years now and have decided to change over to the rage. The montecs fly close to feild tips but still need a few minor adjustments. The fixed/solid style broadhead is fantastic for durablility however I find that the blood trails are not what you would think for a hardnose head. , hence the reasoning behind switching. Now my ?? which rage 2 or 3 blade?
Old 07-22-2009, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

If I were you I would not change unless there was something wrong with the montecs ,g5 makes some of the best broadheads ever made.If I was goin to change I would try the strykers or the tekan 2 they are both awesome broadheads .I prefer the stryker even though they are not mechanicals the are still awesome the strykers and montecs are what I use.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Why in the world would you want to switch from a one piece, solid steel broadhead that is incredibly strong, sharp, and spins very true and that is working for you to one that is aluminum and much weaker designed, has thinner more fragile blades heald in place with a single micro screw, with moving parts?

Pretty stupid decision if you ask me.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

If you're set on going to mechanicals, I would try the Rage 2-Blade.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:29 AM
Typical Buck

If you want to try mechanicals I suggest the Grim Reapers. I'm gonna give them a whirl and said for a LOOOONG time that I would NEVER use a mechanical!
Old 07-23-2009, 07:23 AM
Typical Buck

Take a look at the NAP Bloodrunners.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.