Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Right or Wrong?

Old 07-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Right or Wrong?

My buddy has been finding Red Foxes torn to pieces. I told him the Yotes are doing that because they are very territorial. He then asked why don't the yotes kill off the Grey Foxes. The only thing I could think of, is because Grey Foxes can climb trees. That was the only answear I could give him. I don't know. Right or wrong?
Old 07-18-2009, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

My guess would be that there aren't that many grey foxes to begin with,(at least around here). and yes they do climb trees.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

The red foxes chased all of the greys away. Typically, when reds move in to an area they force the greys out. There are mixed areas where they can co-exist but reds and greys do not get along with each other.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

i watched a red fox climb a tree last year