Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Great deer footage! >

Great deer footage!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Great deer footage!

Old 07-16-2009, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Great deer footage!

If you haven't seen it already I managed to get some awesome video earlier in the week when scouting a nearby farm. Unfortunietly this is a location I am unable to hunt but I enjoy filming so it is still worth it!

Click Here to view videos

Part 5 & 6 from July 13th are really cool!

Let me know what you think!

Last edited by JFergus7; 07-16-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

Sweet!!! Really enjoyed the video. Thanks!
Old 07-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Site Buck Guru

Great video, Ferg!

Watching and learning about deer behavior is the single biggest thing you can do to improve yourself as a hunter.

A couple of things.........

I have only seen a doe hang around with a bachelor group of bucks a couple of times. A rare occurrence for me. When I did see it, it was always just a lone doe. They acted kind of crazy and got chased by the bucks a lot.

The other thing is........ I didn't think that big guy was going to cross by you! He almost did though!!! Very cool. Those younger bucks would have crossed in a heartbeat if the big guy wasn't around.

Good job.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I probably won't see that many bucks all season! The big guy had some cool junk around his bases!
Old 07-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the compliments guys! I love sitting and watching like that. You can learn so much. I was actually totally shocked when the first buck with the lopsided rack came by me because he barely slowed down at all. He looked right at me but just kept on moving. The others that followed did what I thought they would. And cutting through the trees infront of the car wasn't a surprise. I just wish I could have gotten that on film but it was just to dark by that point.

I just went to the site and it appears that Youtube is having some issues right now but hope everyone else checks out the videos! I hope to do some more filming tonight so if I get anything that will be posted tonight or tomorrow morning!
Old 07-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by magicman54494
I probably won't see that many bucks all season! The big guy had some cool junk around his bases!
If you actually watch one of my other videos from a week or so earlier you will see that same buck. I had no idea till that night that he had all those kickers off the bases. In one of the videos it appears that one of them is actually heading south which if it grows more may pass right over his eye or close to it.

Really hope I get him on film in another month or two to see how he developed!
Old 07-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

thats a nice 4. Hes got some crazy junk on his bases 2. Nice footage man
Old 07-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Fork Horn

Nice footage! Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Typical Buck

Very good bucks . Nice footage .
Old 07-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

That was awesomely cool. Just shows you how long a deer will stand perfectly still (with biteing fly's attacting him) and stare at something that they think is wrong or out of place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.