Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Rage mechanicals >

Rage mechanicals

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage mechanicals

Old 07-16-2009, 04:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Rage mechanicals

I was wondering if anyone had a couple of the rage mechanical practice heads they arent using anymore that theyd be interested in passing down the line. Im interested in purchasing the Rages but want to try before I buy.....any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tony, I think I have a couple laying around.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome Noah, bring em to work asap or if you go home for lunch today lol. wait why didnt i just walk across the office and tell you.....doh!
Old 07-16-2009, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wis_bow_huntr
wait why didnt i just walk across the office and tell you.....doh!
now thats funny
Old 07-16-2009, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

lol....I will have them for you by this Monday or Tuesday for sure!
Old 07-16-2009, 07:29 AM
Typical Buck

Now we need to know what line of work you guys are in!
Old 07-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by louddrummer69
Now we need to know what line of work you guys are in!
Very very intense work! We have to be on a computer all day
Old 07-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Typical Buck

Speaking of Rage Mechanicals, and I know last year this topic was slightly abused, but i have done my yearly tune and took 9 gold tip 7595, same inserts, etc. to my range and shot them all at 30 yards.
  • MUZZY 3's were consistantly low and left (3 shots) I tried my best to align BH with fletchings
  • Slick tricks were slightly better, closer at about 3 inches low and 3 to the left (3 shots), I tried my best to align BH with fletchings also.
  • Rage 3 blade mechanicals were a 2 inch pattern wth tree arrows at my high left circle on my broadhead target. I switched to my FP's and had the same shot pattern on top right circle on target. Im sold, and am convinced that I will be shooting these this bowseason. I just dontthink there is another, more accurate mechanical BH out there, especially with the cutting diameter and penetration I was getting.
The muzzy was the only BH that was a complete pass through, with a sofa cushion set up behind the target. Serious cutting and kenetic combo

By the way, I was shooting my Hoyt Viper tec at 70#'s with Gold tip 7595 and all BH's were 100 grains.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Hoyt...

That tells me you weren't tuned to THOSE heads. What's your arrow spine? Have you bare-shafted? Ends of shafts squared? Center shot correct? BH's spin tested?

There is SO much more to "They fly just like field points" than most will ever know.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:17 AM
Fork Horn

I have been debating on purchasing and shooting Rage broadheads but haven't. I have heard from a few people that when they shoot them, some of them do not open very well. Has anyone had this probably? Could it have been from when Rage first came out and they have fixed that problem? Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.