Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Good news and bad news >

Good news and bad news

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good news and bad news

Old 07-09-2009, 05:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default Good news and bad news

Well the good news is that the deer are already hitting the mineral lick I made from "the receipe" I found in a post a couple of weeks after only 2 days. The bad news is that the head gear on the buck hitting it are not the 130" bruts I saw last year. It is still early and I can't wait to see what I have on my trail cam in a few weeks. I love seeing bucks in velvet. COME ON OCTOBER!!!
Attached Thumbnails Good news and bad news-headgear.jpg   Good news and bad news-headgear2.jpg  
Old 07-09-2009, 05:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default Re: Good news and bad news

where did you find that recepie, i have been looking for a good one
Old 07-09-2009, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go get em Dens!
Old 07-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

They will show up. Haven't got the big ones from last year on mine either. Last year they didn't show there face until mid August. Good luck!
Old 07-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

yeah, where's the recipe?????
Old 07-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Typical Buck

I thought about picking up a mineral block today but didn't know if I wanted to spend the money if I wasn't sure it would work .It was called the rock . What do you think ?
Old 07-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Typical Buck

they wont show up in the earley part of the season , late october you will see them.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by MISwampDog
yeah, where's the recipe?????
Are you going to let us know what the recipe is?
Old 07-12-2009, 06:17 AM

Hey here is a recipie I just found. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/deer...l-recipes.html

I think this is a good one.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

I sat in my stand the other night trying to shoot some groundhogs out of my soybeans, chicory and corn. I killed one and fifteen minutes later which was about 5:30pm I had 3 buck come into my mineral site. The largest buck was the only one who went to the minerals the other two browsed on leaves while he licked at the pile for 20 minutes. I sat in my stand 20 yds from him like a dumba$$ wearing shorts and a Tshirt getting eaten alive by mesquitos. I must of had 15 of them blood suckers on me at a time. Thankyou Sr. Drill Instructor SSGT. Wallace for giving me the discipline to not scratch at the sand fleas biting me at Parris Island. That lesson 13 years ago helped me in not giving away my position and ruining that stand site for any future hunting of those buck.

I would like to think there is a correlation between the largest racked buck consuming the minerals while the two smaller racked buck did not touch them.

Quick Reply: Good news and bad news

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.