Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help me decide which trail camera....... >

Help me decide which trail camera.......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help me decide which trail camera.......

Old 07-13-2009, 05:06 AM

Easy guy's. Not a big deal. I look at it from a more sceintific end more than anything. But again it's really nice to see what everybody thinks about the cams they are using and why they like them.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

i just went back out to check my cams and my I40 is running at 65% battery life. it has been on a tree since early April (i went back into my photobucket account to double check the dates) and is still banging out pic's on the same batteries. i bet it has taken over 3,500 pic's on one set of batteries and the batteries are still reading 65%. no battery issues here!
Old 07-14-2009, 04:07 AM
Typical Buck

i got another I40 yest. I love them!

Got it for $170

rick
Old 07-14-2009, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by CamoCop
i just went back out to check my cams and my I40 is running at 65% battery life. it has been on a tree since early April (i went back into my photobucket account to double check the dates) and is still banging out pic's on the same batteries. i bet it has taken over 3,500 pic's on one set of batteries and the batteries are still reading 65%. no battery issues here!
Man that's not bad. And the price is pretty good too. I guess my next question is would you buy this or the cuddeback?
Old 07-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

This is why I'd also like to see a Consumer Reports for Hunting Equipment.

Who do you trust?

I actually stopped getting Petersen's Bowhunting Magazine, since all their bow reviews were the same. (Can't upset the advertisers you know)

In any event, I have been reading the reviews of many camera on the Cabela's website and it is still difficult to figure out which is the best camera in the different price categories.

The I40 gets a good overall review, but still has many 1 star (low) rankings.

From all of the advertising, you'd think that Cuddeback is the way to go. Well the reviews are not so great there either.

The Reconyx seems to get the best reviews (least amount of 1 and 2 stars), however now we are in the "arm and the leg" price range.

Should it really be that hard to find a camera that takes decent day and night time pictures (no flash), that has a decent trigger speed (I can handle a few missed pictures), that doesn't drain the batteries too often, that costs $200 or less - where almost everyone that purchases it has the near same positive results?
Old 07-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

I have 2 Moultrie D40 cams and they both have worked great for me. It has a flash but that doesn't seem to bother the deer where I'm at, as I will see them over and over again. They will stand there for 5-10 min sometimes while the camera is taking their picture. I got mine for $85/each. They take 6 D batteries, and they will last 2500- 3500 pics. I haven't seen any difference in picture quality from the D40 to a $300+ camera.