Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help me decide which trail camera....... >

Help me decide which trail camera.......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help me decide which trail camera.......

Old 07-11-2009, 05:10 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bowhuntr4life
Scoutgaurd 550 ....best camera i have owned...i can get up to 3000 pics on a single set of batteries. pretty fast trigger time and very reliable.. not to mention the small size and 5 megapixel pictures. bee busy outdoors has them for $199 and free shipping.

Zac
I second this nomination. I really enjoy the SG 550. Much more portable than the larger cameras, great battery life, great customer service from bee busy outdoors, fantastic pictures.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by badassbowtech
Really? I thought that these were pretty good at battery life? I hate to see it, but I really think I may swing twords the cuddeback.
Good man, i like the Cuddebacks pictures better then the Scoutguard...the SG always looks dreary
Old 07-11-2009, 09:20 PM

I say Covert. Cheaper than the HCO Scoutguard for the same offering, with a better offering available.

I could rattle off 100 reasons why I think they are the best mid price range camera, but most people already have their minds set on what is best. Check them out atleast though. Besides a Reconyx, I can't think of a better cam, but these are less than half the cost as well.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

I use the Stealth Prowler and has had no problems with battery life on it. It has taken over 3000 pics and the batteries were still going strong when I changed them. I have been using it in burst mode and now i am working on the video side of it..
Old 07-12-2009, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
I use the Stealth Prowler and has had no problems with battery life on it. It has taken over 3000 pics and the batteries were still going strong when I changed them. I have been using it in burst mode and now i am working on the video side of it..

I know the stealth cam I had sucked, but it was a lower end unit. It took good pics, but only lasted for about 2-3 pictures. Man was it fustrating.

I've seen that the cudde's have been coming down also. Man they used to be in the price range of a leaf, or the Reconyx.

Man are there alot of choices.

I was checking out the Covert Asassin, but here is the big down side. It takes AA batteries, and a ton of them. The stealthcam that I had did to and they just didn't last. I would like to stay with one that took C or D size and that can last longer.

Last edited by badassbowtech; 07-12-2009 at 03:16 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Spike

http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=29
A link to some reviews. This one is for the Scout Guard 550. I have been reading reviews for a week or so and this is the camera I have decided to buy. I have a Moultie that takes 5-6 pictures before the thing dies so I know how you feel. There are lots of other reviews on this link also. I hope it helps you in finding a camera.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by wannaBelkhuntin
I've never in my life seen a "fair" review site with such a large axe to grind with a company.

One piece of wisdom if you do choose to surf that sight, take it all in with a grain of salt, and do NOT question any part of their review (even in a PM) as you will promptly be banned. What they right is GOSPEL, and there will be no questioning it.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by TEmbry
I've never in my life seen a "fair" review site with such a large axe to grind with a company.

One piece of wisdom if you do choose to surf that sight, take it all in with a grain of salt, and do NOT question any part of their review (even in a PM) as you will promptly be banned. What they right is GOSPEL, and there will be no questioning it.

No I hear ya man. I'm just trying to get some good imput. It's been really great imput to. Thanks guy's i really appreciate it.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by TEmbry

And WHO has the axe to grind ?????????????? Sorry I posted the link. Tembry must be the god of cams, just buy whatever he says.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by wannaBelkhuntin
And WHO has the axe to grind ?????????????? Sorry I posted the link. Tembry must be the god of cams, just buy whatever he says.
You must be admin over there or something? Let's take three deep breaths, and realize I never even said ANYTHING about your advice....Just about the source of your link.

I just said don't take everything written on that site as "fair". If they don't like a company, they won't say it...they will just plaster negatives in any way possible about them, truth or not.

I warn of a source quoted, and I become god status? Cool!

Quick Reply: Help me decide which trail camera.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.