HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   INNERLOCK BH's (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/297147-innerlock-bhs.html)

Hoyt_Viper 07-03-2009 08:57 PM

INNERLOCK BH's

ANY input....Im thinking of them due to the fact that they are tunable with fletching and claim to be as accurate as FP....anyone?

sandilands 07-03-2009 09:36 PM

RE: INNERLOCK BH's

Tunable with fletching????

pwrsrtk350 07-04-2009 08:30 AM

There is no need to align your broadheads with your fletchingif that is what your looking for.

MeanV2 07-04-2009 10:36 AM

The feedback I have gotten from guys has not been real positive. Tuning the blades to fletching is more of a marketing ploy than it is helpful in attaining Great broadhead flight.

Dan

Hoyt_Viper 07-05-2009 03:42 AM

The rubber "o" ring for Muzzy's is supposed to give you the same option. It has to do with accuracy in some matter. The Rage with it undeployed head is praised to be field point accurate because of it tucked blades. My theory is like a missle. The fletching guides the arrow in a straight line, if the flechings are not aligned with the fixed blades, it seems, logically that it would try and "spin" the arrow to the target. I switched to muzzy's last year after mechanical heads and had nowhere near the accuracy as the mechanicals, even shooting low and 6 inches with two arrows without aligned blades to fletching.

I took my bow in for a tune yesterday, new strings cables, paper tune, etc. And the owner of the shop was adament about having fletching to blade alignment. Maybe, he just doenst know what he is talking about, but he wasnt trying to sell me anything, as a matter of fact he suggested I stay with fixed blade, use o ring and align fletching with blades to get minmal spin and maximum accuracy.

I have seen the innerloc commercial and besides the kenetic energy being further to the point of the BH, the ability to align the blades added much needed accuracy. I even told myself that it dindt mean much, but after switching to fixed blades I could almost see my arrow throw a curve ball and fall several inches. Whether or not it was the alignment, Im not sure, but with a Rage I could hita quarter at 25 yrds.

MeanV2 07-05-2009 05:49 AM

The 4 Bladed Slick Trick is easily one of the most accurate Broadheads on the market and 4 blades won't line up with 3 fletch.

Line your Broadhead up with your fletch?

Save your time and effort for something that really matters because it doesn't.;)Many experienced archers here and elsewhere will tell you the same thing.

Dan

GMMAT 07-05-2009 12:58 PM

I agree that the BH aligning with the fletchings (for a compound shooter) is overkill and not necessary.......unless it gives you added confidence. Shooting traditional, I use a metal spacer (much like the thunderheads utilize) to make sure my BH's are all oriented the same way. I couldn't care less if they align with the fletchings.....but I want (since I'm aware I use the end of my arrow, aiming) them aligned the same way.

If I shot a compound, I'd never think twice about fletch/BH alignment. I'd worry about the only thing that REALLY makes one BH fly better than another.........a well tuned bow to THAT BH/arrow.

Hoyt_Viper 07-05-2009 04:15 PM

Well, Jeffrey, and all the others that replied.....

After two years I decided to take my bow to the most respected pro shop within 40 miles from my home. I spoke to other compound bow hunters in my area, and hands down they recommended me to a place called [link]http://www.huntnshak.com/[/link]The Hunting Shack, on Broad St, in Goochland,VA. They have an impeccable reputation with the guys around here, both tournament, and hunters.

I walked into his shop, handed my bow, asked for the best strings, cables, etc....along with a tune, paper tune, slight realignmnent of "D"loop, and a few other requests that I have noticed loosening, et. With the promise that the bow would be in perfect condition when it was completed. I requested the Innerloc, and he said they were a good BH because of the force directed towards the tip at impact, and the fact that you can line up the inner spindle to align fletch with blade. Im no pro, but the pro suggested it, and made it very clear that fletch/blade alignment has a drastic affect on accuracy. Hes not charging me anything to do it, and as there were 5 other patrons in the pro shop, all agreed. Hence his explanation of the 'o"ring with the muzzy's to assist in lining them up.

Im not going to argue with others on her that have been shooting longer than I have, but the most accurate I can get is with a Rage, and when I switched to the Muzzy's and Slick Tricks of fixed blades, I was constanly low and right, when I sighted my bow to these cxhanges, it was a pain to reset my pins for FT and Rage BH's. The Slick Tricks required the less dialing in with my new 5 pin Apex lighted sights. You may claim to be more educated on this fact of alignment, but when a pro suggests it, Im going with it, especially with the Innerlocs I am switching to. He said with the right adjustment, its like a FP.

When i got my Gold Tip arrows cut and had the inserts put in, the same comment came from the person who did this, the first question was "do I want to line fletching up with blades. Im gonna do what the pro shop suggested, and once I have bow in hand and sighted in, I will try some fixed blades without a concern with alignmnent and give you my assessment.

I just cant justify why a professional bow tuner would agree with not only me, but 5 other patrons in the shop. Its not like he was charging me any extra cash, but seemed like a cordial piece of advice to me.

Only way to tell, is to give it the broadhead challenge. I willl choose 3 fixed without alignment, and show in target at 25 yrds., and show 3 with alignment....I guess this will help quell some of the thoughts that they are wrong or right. My opinion is unbiased as my bow was not professionally tuned before hand, but when it comes back from full tune, I am guesing it will show the results. Im not shooting blazers, nor am I shooting at 350 fps, so I will post the results when the professional puts me on the chrono and the range. I hope its true, because i want to go to Slick Tricks, back to muzzy, or something Im comfortable shooting thru mesh.

Check out his site....just happens to be a Bowtech, Matthews, etc dealer, so I am giving him above average integrity.

We'll see guys! Any wagers?

Centaur 1 07-05-2009 04:50 PM

The bow needs to be fine tuned by you using broadhead, that'll take care of the broadheads hitting a different point of impact than field points. As far as aligning the blades go, I don't understand what people are trying to accomplish. Are the blades and the vanes supposed to cut through the same swath or air, or are you looking for the vanes to cut through clean air? In either case you would have no way of knowing what is really happening. Think about it, an arrow isn't like a gun barrel that has a specific rate of twist. The spin rate of an arrow is variable and there's no way to predict exactly how fast it will spin, and the rate of spin will determine whether the vanes are travelling in the blades turbulance. As a matter of fact if you think about it an arrow starts out flying without a spin and as it travels through the air it starts spinning faster the farther it travels, the whole time it's slowing down. The idea of aligning broadheads with your vanes is a holdover from the days when we glued our broadheads onto cedar shaftsand we took every precaution in an effort to make our arrows fly straight. Here's a link to help you with the broadhead tuning.

http://redhawk-archery.com/bh-tuning.html

GMMAT 07-05-2009 04:59 PM

The low-right part doesn't surprise me. When you put a large, fixed blade BH on the business end of your arrow, you're introducing a point that works like the fletching do (as far as drag). They'regoing toattempt to steer the arrow.....just like the letchings. If your bow isn't tuned to THOSE BH's, or if your spine isn't correct.....or if your tip weight isn't correct (affecting spine).....or your center shot isn't set, correctly....your arrow could go any number of directions and fly with any number of abnormal flight characteristics.

I'm not arguing at all with you HV....I've just never heard any scientific evidence as to why ligning up fletch/blades = optimal arrow flight. What would people who shoot 2 and 4 blade BH's do?

Goochland has a great reputation for being a savvy archery area....and I'm sure your shop guy is well informed. WIll aligning them "hurt"? I can't see how.

Good luck!

BYW>.....Unless you have access to a hooter shooter....your experiment/challenge won't be of much use.