Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting deer contest >

Bowhunting deer contest

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting deer contest

Old 07-04-2009, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowhunting deer contest

ORIGINAL: berettaguy17

hey thanks, it did help clear a few things. so if i sign up then i should try to shoot more deer instead of letting them walk by
Remember this is just a contest for bragging rights,so why would a person shoot more deer just for a contest when in fact he knows he should have let it walk.
When I said the teams that shoot more deer,say 10 members and all 10 entered one for the contest then they have much better odds of winning then the team that only entered 4.
I have been part of this contest for quite sometime now and let alot of deer walk cause he was to small,knowing he would be much bigger the year later.Only shoot what your confortable shooting,remember its only a contest for fun
Old 07-04-2009, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

this is true, plus i would never shoot anything small where i hunt, there is so much potential...
Old 07-04-2009, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a question.What counts for the contest, buck and doe or only bucks?
Old 07-04-2009, 07:13 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: hunting junkie

I have a question.What counts for the contest, buck and doe or only bucks?
The way it has worked in the past, only bucks are counted...NO doe. Only 1 buck per person will be scored and it must be your first buck if you live in a multi buck state. The score is based on the green measurement of your bucks headgear.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:14 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: extreme1

Thanks guys for the responce.Love the deer contest here,good times,good clean smack talking and a whole lotta fun
Whats it goinna take Rob to get me on the list early.?
Give me a hand here Tim,if we work together we can get this ball rolling-lol

Would be more then happy to help out if needed
Jason

Your on your own. We tried whining, begging and sweet talking him in the past years. Nothing has worked !! [:@] Threating will get you banned. [:'(] Trying to bribe him with a new bow is out as he usually has the latest and greatest Bowtech. A personal visit could get you hurt as he knows Kung fu and is buddies with Matt/Pa. The latter is the real scarey part !!

It is just best to wait and get back at him once the contest starts with trash talking. It's a lot of fun and well worth the wait !!
[8D]

Tim
Old 07-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

i cant wait for all the contest to start i missed out on it last year cause i got ym bow in october
Old 07-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well,I wouldent want to get banned so option 1 is out of the question.I dont whine so #2 is out
I may have to re-think this over-lol

Cant wait,always a good time.I am not trying to hurry the process,was just wondering when the sign-ups started so i dont miss it[]
Rob has always put a good clean fun contest on in the past and it only gets better every other year-Cant wait
Old 07-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds fun been in the turkey contest the past two years think I will try the deer this year. Can't wait to get some peacefultreestand time with the small sound of a rage finding its mark. Then hopefully a few photo ops soon to follow the shot Good luck all.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

Can i be in the Firearm contest and the bow contest, since i have both tags
Old 07-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

always a good time.. can't wait

Quick Reply: Bowhunting deer contest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.