Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone wanna share with me... >

Anyone wanna share with me...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone wanna share with me...

Old 07-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone wanna share with me...

Paid 720.00 plus tax on an 09 Air Raid. I am not regretting it.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a brand new dealer closeout '08 Allegiance for $500. Added a HHA single pin slider, Octane 2pc quiver, WB Deluxe, sling, peep, andsts(all new) for right at $200. Got it all on AT...sure beats retail. I also unloadedtwo older bows to offset the price....so I really don't have hardly anything in my new setup. So far I love it!

I also bought both my kids new Diamond Razor Edge packages...those are awesome bows as well! I highly recommend them, and for about $300 for the setup, they are money!
Old 07-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

bought a new mathews drenalin at the end of last year for around $700 give or take. i absolutely love it and knew i would since i previously owned the switchback. i dont know if you like short axle to axle bows or not, but if you get a chance shoot the mathews dxt or the mission eliminator and if you like it i have a basicly brand new never been hunted with mission eliminator that im trying to sell. im sure if you like it we could work something out. plus i think you are within driving distance that we could meet instead of going through the mail. just a thought. not trying to push a sell on you, just trying to help out a fellow HNI member save money. if you are interested pm me and we can discuss it.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a left over Elite GTO before last years hunting season. Paid 550 for it plus a viper sight ($100) and a whisker biscut ($40). Throw in a dozen maximas for 100 bucks and ive got about 800 in my whole rig. Truly a top of the line hunting bow too, I love it!
Old 07-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not a recent buy, but I got a sweet deal years ago. I bought a fully rigged PSE Thunderbolt with a Black Montana sight, Badoodle rest, Scott release,six brand new Carbon Express arrows, and a pack of brand new Spitfire 100's for $500. The guy shot the bow only a few times and never hunted with it. He got into big time debt and had to sell just about everything he owned. I shot it a few times before I bought it, but I knew it was mine after the first shot. It's the quietest bow I have ever heard, and pulling 68 pounds, it shoots 265 fps. It may be outdated, but I've killed many deer with it, and don't plan on upgrading anytime soon.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

alphamax 32 - 769
viper microtune sight - 179
trophy taker - 100
fuse quiver - 100
fuse 10" stabilizer - 75
dozen hailfire 400's - 80
g5 peep - 10

total... $1300 ish ouch! [:@]

Luckily, I got all black accessories, so I will just be keeping these no matter what bow I shoot.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont wanna share the $ that ive put into archery this year[:-] I will say that i do love the sport in general, the target and hunting side, and i truly believe that you get what you pay for... Bows dont make archers and money doesnt buy points, but it sure does help in the confidence department haha

Derek
Old 07-08-2009, 03:18 AM
Typical Buck

I personally think the higher end bows shoot much better and feel better than the cheaper bows. I have had everything from $75 bows up to $700 and there is a big difference to me. I noticed a big difference on my accuracy at longer ranges.

I have had just about every brand out there too. I will never shoot another cheap bow. If you dont want to pay the full retail shop around. You can find some really good deals on a bow that is 2-3 yrs. old and they are really great bows too.

Rick
Old 07-08-2009, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just bought the Admiral this year. Paid $769.00. plus accessories. Absolutely no regrets. a very very fine shooting bow.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default Re: Anyone wanna share with me...

I recently picked up a 08 diamond justice at cabelas,on discount,(thats my middle name)lol......for 379.00 and set it up with with stuff from my old bow i sold.
I really like the bow,especially the invelvet finsh and the cableguard roller guard....It"S very quiet and this one will last me for awhile....