Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 cool jobs now, but? >

cool jobs now, but?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

cool jobs now, but?

Old 07-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: cool jobs now, but?

Gotta be bailing hay all day in 95 degree weather when your 12 yrs old. And the first day, before you knew better, you showed up wearing short pants and no shirt. After more than 40 years, I think I'm still picking out splinters and treating scratches from that job.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 07-02-2009, 04:16 PM

ORIGINAL: GRIZZLYMAN

All of that was my incentive to go to college, get my accounting degree, pass the CPA exam, so that I can stay in the AC all day.
x2 - I'm going into my final year of an accounting degree, hope to sitting for at least one part of the exam around this time next year. Also contemplating going for the CMA at some point as well.

Are you in public accounting now or in corporate, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 07-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sooner State Hunter

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

ORIGINAL: Muliefever

$10 an hour, would not be bad. Worth it, .10 cents a bale is BS... The illegal's won't even work for that!
the guy i work for, he spend more money on his baler than on his first house he said! he uses metal wire instead of twine becasue they get them so dam tight, my fingers are always sore form trying to pick them up with the bales being so tight. he sells them for 9 dollars a bale!
hay hooks work good once you learn how to use 'em.

i dont like them personally
Old 07-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

The worst job I ever had was working a processing plant that converted chicken guts, grease, and cow blood into cattle feed. Sometimes the trucks would come in late Friday and left in the warehouse ( a tin building ) until Monday morning, after cooking in the Texas heat for several days the smell and maggots were disgusting. On the good note; most of us were so sick by lunch that we saved our lunch money .
Old 07-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

-Working on a farm in 1989 for $2.50 and hour when I was 13.

- Bailing Hay in 95 degree weather in a pull barn when I was 17

-Washing Dishes at the Chinese place when I was 17

-Dragging Cement during the summer of 1992...it was hell.

Sometimes I look at the stresses of my job now as I'm a manager in Manufacturing.....dealing with 300 different personalities...

Sometimes I wish I was outside doing manual labor...

I guess the grass is always greener everywhere we turn...

Old 07-06-2009, 04:52 AM
Fork Horn

i have worked on the farm bailing hay. i have humped lumber all day.
but the worst job i ever had was one that i thought was going to make my life easier.

i worked at a RV dealership in Lapeer, MI. and i went to the owner and asked if he would promote me to run the service area. so i became service manager. it sounded good giving me a huge raise and all but i found out pretty quick that people can be pretty nasty. the RV is supposed to be something that they can relax in but if it is in the repair shop you would think their life was on the line. they freak out if something goes wrong or if the part didnt come in on time. all of these things i could not control but it was my job to tell them and explain it to them. so i got all the crap from everyone who was upset. the worst of it was a guy who threatened to have me killed by the mob because he was friends with them and i was 'messing' with him. if i did not have his trailer done by the 4th of july. i just looked at him and kicked him out of my office and told him to not step foot in it again.

the worst part of it is that my 'raise' was contingent on the performance of my mechanics so if they wanted to loaf around or take a day off i would get hit in the pocket book so needless to say i never seen any part of my 'raise' and the grief was not worth thestress.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

My worst job was the summer I spent in Alaska milking sow grizzly bears.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

you serious?
Old 07-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

ur S***in me[>:]
Old 07-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

When I was 13 I had to walk/run a mile down the road and help a farmer during the summer... He had the meanest cows of all times and they chased me almost every day... Think he paid me $3.00 an hour.

Quick Reply: cool jobs now, but?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.