Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 cool jobs now, but? >

cool jobs now, but?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

cool jobs now, but?

Old 07-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: cool jobs now, but?

ORIGINAL: Muliefever

$10 an hour, would not be bad. Worth it, .10 cents a bale is BS... The illegal's won't even work for that!
the guy i work for, he spend more money on his baler than on his first house he said! he uses metal wire instead of twine becasue they get them so dam tight, my fingers are always sore form trying to pick them up with the bales being so tight. he sells them for 9 dollars a bale!
Old 07-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Typical Buck

Ha, thank god everyone aound here still uses the plain old baler twine. Nothing like stacking 90-110 lb bales. One farmer I help loves to bale them while somewhat green and stack them on their sides and salt them. Talk about making it seem like it goes on forever. Mossberg, good tip is to use gloves if you are working with the wire lol
Old 07-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

I did the farm work in high school, shoveling manure, grinding feed, walking soybeans, making fence, painting buildings, baling hay, you name it. Didn't stop me from buying my own farm.

Worst job ever? A toss up between detasseling corn and working at Proctor and Gamble. I think P&G was worse. I blistered every finger numerous times snapping pump containers of Crest toothpaste into 12 pack rings and putting them in a case. It was a Union shop and I was a scab because the union laborers wouldn't do it. They hired it out to Manpower Temp Services and I needed to pay tuition. I quit when my U bill was paid.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:26 PM

I think the worst job I had was as a marketing temp at a truck accessories manufacturer. I was paid to make as many phone calls as I could and lie about my true intentions all day. I wouldn't have been a bad gig if I hadn't been brought up to be 100% dead honest. By the end of the summer I felt like I had sold my soul because I was so good at throwing down a hefty pile of b.s. whenever I needed to - but it helped pay tuition and send me to Greece the following January...

I also worked in the factory for a while that summer. 120 degrees easy on an average day, 12 hr shifts, I enjoyed that job more than my cubicle, phone, and AC in the marketing dept. The factory was fun, the way I looked at it was this - I was getting paid to work out in a sauna all day - and I looked damn good when I moved from the factory up to the offices because of it .
Old 07-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: crazedbowhunter

Ha, thank god everyone aound here still uses the plain old baler twine. Nothing like stacking 90-110 lb bales. One farmer I help loves to bale them while somewhat green and stack them on their sides and salt them. Talk about making it seem like it goes on forever. Mossberg, good tip is to use gloves if you are working with the wire lol
lol man i wear gloves, i go through a pair of gloves a week, the fingers get tore out
Old 07-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: lightfoot52

heck,where you at switchback,ill come work for you. cant buy a good job here in indiana.they only want to pay a dump truck drive about 10 bucks hr15-20 hr is dam good money lightfoot
Im in MO. Tell ya what, u show up on time and work gud for us an u get to hunt on our farm! Them deer is eatin our corn! COME QUICK!!
Old 07-02-2009, 03:56 AM
Fork Horn

would if i could swithchback,wish i had your offer about 20 years ago.tell them kids out there how good that job is.shoot 15-20 per hr.is dam good money nomatter what.if i could afford to pack up and move was and a little younger id be beating down your door. good luck lightfoot
Old 07-02-2009, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

ORIGINAL: Muliefever

$10 an hour, would not be bad. Worth it, .10 cents a bale is BS... The illegal's won't even work for that!
the guy i work for, he spend more money on his baler than on his first house he said! he uses metal wire instead of twine becasue they get them so dam tight, my fingers are always sore form trying to pick them up with the bales being so tight. he sells them for 9 dollars a bale!
hay hooks work good once you learn how to use 'em.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

I worked in a fiberglass factory, between getting glass shards in your hands and all the chemicals used that job sucked. I then got my first state job where I worked in a lock down facility (last step before prison) that housed sex offenders and gangsters up to the age of 21. That would have been a fun job if 95% of the other staff members weren't pussies. I transferred from that job to the State child abuse hot line, 8hrs of physical and sexual abuse reports from all across the state that we called into the local Children and Youth offices. But i then transferred into my current job, which is freakin awesome.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Growing up I;

worked as a floor installer (stepfather was a flooring contractor),
poured concrete,
hung suspended ceilings,
worked cattle.

After that I went in the military.

All of that was my incentive to go to college, get my accounting degree, pass the CPA exam, so that I can stay in the AC all day.

Quick Reply: cool jobs now, but?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.