Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 cool jobs now, but? >

cool jobs now, but?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

cool jobs now, but?

Old 06-30-2009, 04:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default cool jobs now, but?

sounds like most folks on here are doing well now,but what were some of the worst jobs you all had in your lives?mine was working in a soap factory when i was 18. the woman that owned it made the guys clean her house and she was a b... there was about 6 inches of soap powder everywhere.lasted about a month.and when i was learning to do auto bodywork they taught me how to sand,and sand and sand somemore
Old 06-30-2009, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: cool jobs now, but?

Shortly after I graduated from high school, I started a full time job at Maytag. I had to suit up in one of those paper coverall suits, a heavy rubber apron, rubber boots and safety glasses, and put the enamel inside of the oven cell. The enamel was pretty much the consistancy of wet mud, and came out of the wall in a big wand that you used to spray the wet stuff inside the oven. It was 120 degress in the summer( no AC). After about an hour, you were covered head to toe in enamel.

So, I decided pretty quickly this was not going to be a very good job for me.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:20 AM
Typical Buck

probably the worst was the farm job I had on weekends and summers during high school. It built character but it didn't pay good, nor was it very glamorous haha.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

cooking burgers at Tanglewood for rich snobs and making sure they have the right avocados and sundried tomatos on their "feta" burger... ugh... highschool.
Barnes & Noble stocking shelves in colleges... most boring job in existence...still can't set foot in there w/out breaking out in a cold sweat.
did get to read some good hunting books though!
Old 06-30-2009, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

My worst would have to be Buckin Hay in the 100 degree heat of south west Idaho! It doesn't get much worst then that!
Old 06-30-2009, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

i used to work for farmers as a kid. anything from fixing fences to throwing rocks out of fields to cutting cain. it paid 2 to 4 dollars an hour then but it is paying big for me now that i can hunt almost anywhere i want near my hometown.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Toss up between bucking hay bails in the fields then putting them in the barn and walking soybean fields and pulling weeds. I don't even remember how much I got paid back then (around 1980) but it sure wasn't enough.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got .10 cents a bale!
Old 06-30-2009, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Paving asphalt in the middle of the summer down here in NC where it hits 95 and humidity hits 95%...The asphalt has to be kept at 85 degrees or hotter if I remember correctly for it to spread properly...And this was done during the weekends after working 55 hours elsewhere...

I am lucky though, this was a part time job...I'm 53, started working when I was 13, dad was a John Deere dealer and by the time I was 16 I was rebuilding diesel motors by myself...Good thing I had that training because 5 days after my 20th birthday my dad died and we had to sell the dealership...

At 22, I moved to Atlanta and was teaching diesel motors, hydraulics, power trains and electrical systems within 6 months to Deere mechanics...I stayed with them 13 years, lived in Richmond, near Greensboro and near Savannah...In 1990 my father in law passed and I came back to NC to start my own business...I recruit medical device sales reps...With this economy it's tough but I'm making it work...
Old 06-30-2009, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Muliefever

I got .10 cents a bale!
Can't imagine many kids now willing to throw 3000 bales for an x-box

Quick Reply: cool jobs now, but?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.