Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Finally shot a few bows today! >

Finally shot a few bows today!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Finally shot a few bows today!

Old 07-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Spike

Default RE: Finally shot a few bows today!

Nice review! You are doing what every archer or would be archer should do when getting a new bow. Try as many as you can, no bow out there is going to fit eveyone. The bow you like might feel like heck to me. Way to go and good luck with the one you do choose!
Old 07-03-2009, 02:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good review thanks for sharing...
Old 07-03-2009, 04:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

i shot the reezen and monster yesterday.. wasn't too impressed. like my switchback xt much better... but they are fast!
also shot the PSE Dream Season. Not too bad.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:05 AM
Spike

Default Limbsaver DZ-32

After several months of researching and shooting everything I could get my hands on, I chose a 2009 Limbsaver DZ-32. I have been shooting a Trykon for a while, and while I really like it, I decided it was time to check out the new bows.

Almost all of the reviews I found on the web were positive on the DZ-32 with the exception of a couple of people that thought the 2008 DZ-32 was ugly. Not that I understand why that is important, but I actually like look of the 2009 model. I was intrigued by some of the innovations in the bow so I added it to my short list and I am glad I did. A few people said it was noisey, but I did not find that at all....in fact just the opposite.

I tried Hoyt Katera, Mathews Monster, Mathews Reezen, and many others not worth mentioning. As far as shooting goes, I found the DZ-32 to be the best all around combination of quiet, smooth draw, speed, and accuracy. The draw on the Katera was a too extreme for me, and it seemed to jump a bit on release. I did get good groups with the Katera.

The Monster was screaming fast and fairly quiet in the hand, but I found that the groups were not as consistent as the DZ-32. Same goes for the Reezen, but not as fast as the Monster. I think the radical reflex on the Mathews riser tends to make the Mathews bows a bit finicky for me....I should work on my form, but I am what I am :-).

The DZ was the quietest and most consistent and just felt the best shooting......not quite as fast as the Monster, but quieter and more consistent. I did try a SpeedZone, but I liked the feel of the DZ-32 better. I wish it was a bit lighter, but it is about the same wt as the others on my short list, so that's not relevant. I guess you could go with the DZ-30 if you want light, but I want to push the speed a bit.

Anyway.... that's my $.02 worth.....thanks to everyone that posted comments and reviews...it really helps in doing the research.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:31 AM
Fork Horn

GREAT ALL AROUND REVIEW!!! I've had my Vectrix since they were brand new in 07 and love it!!! Though at the Hunting show this past month a got to hold the New Alpha Max side by side with an Identical Vectrix 32 a to a. And man what a difference.... And if I had the money to buy a new bow this year I would be torn between the Hoyt AM32 and/or the Admiral. Both Flawless IMO..... Again thanks for the awesome review...
Old 09-01-2009, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

i loved the reviews. but go try the pse bow madness, idk if it can beat the bow tech but its smooth, quiet and fells pretty good to me
Old 09-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just like you I went out and shot several bows a few months back. The same two bows came out on the top of my list also, except I'd put the AlphaMax32 on top. These old shoulders of mine are sensitive to the draw cycle, shooting isn't fun if it makes your body ache afterwards. The AM32 turned down to 50# still shoots faster than my current bow. Maybe next year, I've already bought a new shotgun for turkey and a new deer rifle this year (that's man code for my wife will kill me if I ask for a bow).
Old 09-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went throught this myself about a month ago. I shot alot of the same bows, in the end I walked out with an Elite GT500. You should try shooting this bow, held of target extremely well, very solid backwall. I little kick to it that settles right down with a stab. You mentioned this as a possible option, check it out. I wrote the same type of review you did, you noticed alot of the same characteristics in the diiferent models that I did. Shoot them all and pick what suits ya best! good luck.

Shane