Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Check out my fathers day present >

Check out my fathers day present

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Check out my fathers day present

Old 06-26-2009, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Check out my fathers day present

Nice looking rifle, I have one like that but it is alot older.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Spike

I gotta say, I'm very jealous right now, beautiful rifle man.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Where do you put the arrows?Nice, is that a model 94?
Old 06-26-2009, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

Where do you put the arrows?Nice, is that a model 94?
It's a Marlin 336, you have to slide the arrow in from the muzzle after putting in a blank cartridge. It's hard to find arrows that are spined properly though. Don't youBurleson boysuse arrows that can handle 600 grain broadheads, maybe you or Rowel could spare some of yours and I'll just put a lighter broadhead on them.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

Nice looking rifle.
I would go with black mounts and a black scope (if you HAVE to put a scope on it) Just can't get my head around silver scopes to me they just never look right for some reason.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

The leverevolution shells are great for that gun. I would use a silver scope.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:08 PM

I'd say the 336 is plenty accurate without a scope - but if you're going to be using the new Hornaday loads, you almost have to have a scope to get the full benefit of the new range capabilities.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I definately have to put a scope on it, my bi-focals don't handle iron sights very well. I just keep going back and forth on the color, asilver scope would match but the iron sights that Marlin put on the gun are blued and they contrast well. I'm sure that price will play a big part in my decision, at least for this year. I'm thinking about finding something that'll also work good on my 870 for turkeys and hogs. I'll put it on the 30-30 for this upcoming season then put it on the 870 by next spring for turkeys. That'll give me until October 2010 to save up fora quality scope. Well that's my plan at least, after spending the extra money for the stainless gun I don't dare ask for a good scope this year. I figure by 2011 that Hoyt will have the alphamax shooting about 400 fps with a 50# draw, then I'll get a new bow.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Centaur 1

I definately have to put a scope on it, my bi-focals don't handle iron sights very well. I just keep going back and forth on the color, asilver scope would match but the iron sights that Marlin put on the gun are blued and they contrast well. I'm sure that price will play a big part in my decision, at least for this year. I'm thinking about finding something that'll also work good on my 870 for turkeys and hogs. I'll put it on the 30-30 for this upcoming season then put it on the 870 by next spring for turkeys. That'll give me until October 2010 to save up fora quality scope. Well that's my plan at least, after spending the extra money for the stainless gun I don't dare ask for a good scope this year. I figure by 2011 that Hoyt will have the alphamax shooting about 400 fps with a 50# draw, then I'll get a new bow.
Good call!

I think the blued steel would look good. I have a feeling that a silver scope may look a little off, compared to the stainless on the action and barrel - the scope just may not be bright enough. Just a thought.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is one sweet looking gun, very nice!

Quick Reply: Check out my fathers day present

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.