Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 who's going to invite me >

who's going to invite me

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

who's going to invite me

Old 06-21-2009, 04:35 AM
Typical Buck

Default who's going to invite me

ok, the idea has been on my mind for some time now and the misses doesn't mind the trip as long as we're doing some sightseeing as well.

So who can give me a good idea of a trip to the states or Canada,when you know I want to spend some money on bow and huntingstuff.I would love to hunt something and take the misses and her kid to some fun places.

Anyone who can give me some advice on how and what to plan ?
It has to be around the 21st of july.

thank you very much

Frank
Old 06-21-2009, 05:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: who's going to invite me

Frank,
Your not going to find much to bow hunt in July,to hot in most of the country.
But a trip to Yellowstone park would give you memories to last a life time.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:13 AM
Typical Buck

Ok, if july is a problem then you'll need to tell me the best time to visit the states without freezing my a$$ off......

F.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oct 21st would be a better date! Then you could see the leaves changing color and hunt pre-rut.

bawanajim is right. Most of us are just shooting our bows in the cooler evenings waiting for the fall.

With the heat, I would stick to some of the more moderate climates. Napa Vallley, San Francisco, Yellowstone, Lake Tahoe would be nice in July.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:02 AM
Typical Buck

So,

going on a hoghunt in july in Florida isn't a good idea ?
Old 06-21-2009, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not if you don't mind being HOT.If I am going to Florida in July,I will be swimming somewhere.

That would be a great trip for you and the family.There is a ton of stuff to do in Florida.Amusment parks of all kinds,gator farms,airboat rides,etc.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

So Florida in summer is HOT. What's the best time of year then to visit Florida, the amusementparks and hunt ?

F.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:02 AM

September is the earliest I would go to FL. I was in GA last Feb on a hog hunt and it was HOT then. Plus in July Aug. most hogs become more active at night even with no pressure... Their bodies don't allow them to sweat and it is risky for them to move a lot in the heat.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:44 AM

I don't know about the hunting but if I was going to FL again I would go in the winter. It's still warm weather.

I have family that lives there. The first time they came up for Christmas they got on the plane with shorts and flip flops on and once they landed they found out its not warm everywhere else in the winter. I guess it would be an easy mistake.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Florida weather is hot in the summer,90+ everyday,even has high humidity to go with it but there is always a breeze.Here(kentucky) in the summer we have the same weather without the breeze.[:'(]

Definately winter is the best time to visit Florida.70-80 degree weather instead of 90+.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.