HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   ??? For those that hunt Illinois (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/296357-those-hunt-illinois.html)

TexasBowHunter 06-20-2009 12:27 PM

??? For those that hunt Illinois

I will be making the trip to Illinois to bowhunt this year and want to clarify a rule that I have heard... Do I have to have to havemy info on all my arrows?? (IE: Name, address, etc...)If so, what kind of creative ways have you guys come up with to put the info on your arrows???...

goherd1111 06-20-2009 02:04 PM

RE: ??? For those that hunt Illinois

I have never heard of that.

2 Lunger 06-20-2009 02:23 PM

Thats a negitive, ghostrider. You don't have to, but I kinda like the idea.

SGT.H 06-20-2009 05:48 PM

Nope, but dont give them any ideas. This state is so up-tight, they just might do it.

demoIL 06-20-2009 07:18 PM

some really odd laws here but never heard that one before

2 Lunger 06-20-2009 08:15 PM

ORIGINAL: SGT.H

Nope, but dont give them any ideas. This state is so up-tight, they just might do it.
What's wrong with the idea. Say you find a dead deer on your property and it has an arrow stuck in its shoulder. Now you know who to call.

What's so uptight about IL. Go live in some other states and hunt and then re-evaluate. I think you will be happy with the hunting in IL. We have it pretty good in this state.

Edcyclopedia 06-21-2009 02:53 AM

In NH you have to have your name and address on your arrow, so I just you a good old fashion sharpie marker, nothing fancy...

MeanV2 06-21-2009 04:24 AM

Not in IL:D

Dan

TexasBowHunter 06-21-2009 05:57 AM

Thanks guys, my father in law is the one that had a guy tell him about this rule..... I couldnt find the rule online at the DNS website... I know in the past Texas made you mark your arrows, so I thought it could be possible???, thanks for clearing it up for me guys!!!! I appreciate it!!!

silbowhunter 06-21-2009 12:18 PM

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

ORIGINAL: SGT.H

What's wrong with the idea. Say you find a dead deer on your property and it has an arrow stuck in its shoulder. Now you know who to call.

What's so uptight about IL. Go live in some other states and hunt and then re-evaluate. I think you will be happy with the hunting in IL. We have it pretty good in this state.

With all the new fee's (parks, license, etc) they are trying to implement I wouldn't put it past them to tax a guy if they found one of his arrows.

They could call it arrow disposal fee. [:@]