Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ??? For those that hunt Illinois >

??? For those that hunt Illinois

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

??? For those that hunt Illinois

Old 06-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ??? For those that hunt Illinois

ORIGINAL: silbowhunter

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

ORIGINAL: SGT.H

Nope, but dont give them any ideas. This state is so up-tight, they just might do it.
What's wrong with the idea. Say you find a dead deer on your property and it has an arrow stuck in its shoulder. Now you know who to call.

What's so uptight about IL. Go live in some other states and hunt and then re-evaluate. I think you will be happy with the hunting in IL. We have it pretty good in this state.

With all the new fee's (parks, license, etc) they are trying to implement I wouldn't put it past them to tax a guy if they found one of his arrows.

They could call it arrow disposal fee. [:@]
Lol!! I know it sucks, but there are just trying to pump money into the DNR funds. Unfortunately we had the worst governor in U.S. history rob every cent out of the DNR. We have to make up for it somehow or else we are going to lose our parks. I'll pay $5 to park for a day to fish and hunt.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: silbowhunter

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

Nope, but dont give them any ideas. This state is so up-tight, they just might do it.
What's wrong with the idea. Say you find a dead deer on your property and it has an arrow stuck in its shoulder. Now you know who to call.

What's so uptight about IL. Go live in some other states and hunt and then re-evaluate. I think you will be happy with the hunting in IL. We have it pretty good in this state.

With all the new fee's (parks, license, etc) they are trying to implement I wouldn't put it past them to tax a guy if they found one of his arrows.

They could call it arrow disposal fee. [:@]
Good One!!

IL where our Governors make our license plates!!

Dan
Old 06-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

I have lived in other states, 2 lunger. This state has the best deer hunting, and the worst andmost corrupt state government.

No other state besides California has such messed up gun laws. (The FOID Card) Now there's a good idea. What's even better is the fact i am Active Duty Military and cant even get one because I am not a resident, but I cant buy Ammo because I dont have one. I have sent in 3 times to get my card, and the idiots in Springfield keep sending it back and asking for some more information or different papers.

So yeah, I would say Illinois is a little up-tight about everything.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have lived in other states, 2 lunger. This state has the best deer hunting, and the worst andmost corrupt state government.

No other state besides California has such messed up gun laws. (The FOID Card) Now there's a good idea. What's even better is the fact i am Active Duty Military and cant even get one because I am not a resident, but I cant buy Ammo because I dont have one. I have sent in 3 times to get my card, and the idiots in Springfield keep sending it back and asking for some more information or different papers.

So yeah, I would say Illinois is a little up-tight about everything.
Don't get me wrong. I think IL has some great Deer hunting but I would Not say it's the Best.

Dan
Old 06-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have sent in 3 times to get my card, and the idiots in Springfield keep sending it back and asking for some more information or different papers.

I'm starting to hear this a lot more. I wonder what is going on at the State Police headquarters? I've never had trouble getting mine. Usually took less than a month, but your not the first one I've heard about this happening to.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:52 AM
Fork Horn

It used to be required here. What I used to do was use a return address label.

Bob
Old 06-22-2009, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Curtis I think that's our outfitter that's requiring us to write on our arrows. I'll double check the literature tonight when I get home.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NCRemington700

Curtis I think that's our outfitter that's requiring us to write on our arrows. I'll double check the literature tonight when I get home.
Dave,
That could very well be where he got it from.... I didnt really look over the info too much and he sent me an e-mail about it andI am in Mexico, so I couldnt confirm the outfitter information...
Old 06-23-2009, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

First of all Curtis, Good luck. That's awesome that you will get a chance to hunt them big'uns. Will my ol baby be with you? Other than that, I haven't heard of a law like that, but you could have onestringer make you up some custom wraps with the info on. That's what I would do if it was me.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

First of all Curtis, Good luck. That's awesome that you will get a chance to hunt them big'uns. Will my ol baby be with you? Other than that, I haven't heard of a law like that, but you could have onestringer make you up some custom wraps with the info on. That's what I would do if it was me.
Thanks Ben... And yes, the commander will be my first line of defense against them big ol meanmonster deer... My back up will be my new longbow... My plan (if all goes accordingly and I am blessed to) is to take my buck with the commander and then get my first kill with my longbow on one of them mean Illinois doe's they have up there....

Quick Reply: ??? For those that hunt Illinois

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.