Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PA archery season now a joke >

PA archery season now a joke

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PA archery season now a joke

Old 06-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default PA archery season now a joke

well i just found out that crossbows are legal state wide and now magnifying scopes are legal too. i am absolutely outraged. why not just allow rifles during archery season too. i loved archery season because woods were not crowded and it was relaxing now tons of people are going to pour into the woods carrying crossbows. What a joke anymore. Man it feels good to vent.

Sutton
Old 06-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: PA archery season now a joke

Do you think the guys shooting trad thought something similar 30-40yrs ago when your wheelie bows made the woods come alive?
Old 06-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Magnifying scopes...? Since when...?

In case you havent been keeping up, it has actually been talked about to REVERSE this law recently. I dont think that it will go through to actually reverse it because a bunch of people would be SOL after buying new crossbows, but its been talked about.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

well here is the scope thing read under the scopes section.

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?a=460&Q=175892&PM=1
Old 06-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Host of Hosts

Wow! Where have you been for the last 6 months?
Old 06-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Typical Buck

I can understand your frustrations but I don't think it will be that big of a deal in the long run. Crossbows do certainly have their advantages, but I don't think the bow woods are suddenly going to be overrun by people with crossbows. I bet a lot of the people who will be out there with crossbows are going to be people who would normally be bow hunting anyway. It isn't like PA is the first state to do this either, I'm quite sure there are like ten states where crossbows have been legal and it hasn't seemed to ruin their bow season. This is all easy for me to say as someone who doesn't hunt PA, and you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but its not like this is unprecedented. Like GMMAT said back in the day the traditional bow guys belly ached about compounds and more recently traditional muzzleloader hunters complained about inlines but now most people don't think twice about it.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

I don't see how it will ruin archery season,I mean most bowhunters use a compound for the challenge it presents and to extend their hunting seaon in some instances,I believe most people capable of using a compound would do so instead of using a crossbow.Anyway it's not like they can shoot them consistantly at long ranges you still got to get up close and personal.Sounds like you just want to start a fight.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

aren't crossbows used mainly or exclusively by handicapped hunters?
Old 06-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didnt know they switched the law on the scopes.. Great, now we will have even more guys flinging arrows out to 60-70 yards just for the mere fact they have a scope on a crossBOW...

You all need to realize how many slob hunters PA has... thats the problem.. I hear alot of you saying well it wont be so bad... it wont ruin this or that.. Why dont you all come to the bigwoods of PA come opening rifle day and watch the orange army come marching in.. Watch how many bad shots you hear ring off in the woods, and let me know when you have a couple bullets go flying by your head, because its bound to happen.. Once you've seen that its a bit harder to sit back and say that the new crossbows wont come in and make archery season just another rifle season with the same slobs... I'm hoping I'm wrong come this fall, because archery was always good for a quiet, lonely, and peaceful time in the woods. I'm just hoping I'm not covered in other hunters, or fools trying to stalk animals with a crossbow.. I'm afraid...
Old 06-16-2009, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

well I think you are making my point fingerz. even a crossbow can shoot 60-70 yards that still isnt very far. they also don't make semi-auto crossbows, that i'm aware of, so i really don't think the PA air will be filled with crossbow bolts on opening day of archery season. Correct me if i'm wrong but don't a lot of big woods hunters in PA do mostly drives? I think the majority of crossbow hunters, like other bow hunters will be in stands or blinds. Surely there will probably be a few more guys out there and surely some will be the type of obnoxious jerks we all hate to call hunters, but I still don't think it will be the end of the world. But you are right, I don't hunt the PA woods so i'm only speculating.

Quick Reply: PA archery season now a joke

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.