Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My Trophy Whitetail Predator/ASAT boat >

My Trophy Whitetail Predator/ASAT boat

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Trophy Whitetail Predator/ASAT boat

Old 06-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Banned

Default My Trophy Whitetail Predator/ASAT boat

My girlfriend painted my boat up for me today. I picked the colors and told her to do what she wanted with it. I really like it, kind of a combo of predator/asat. 14' long X 56" wide flat bottom with a new 5 hp Briggs air cooled on her. I gave $100 for the boat and trailer and the engine is $700 new. I have owned a lot of different small boats over the years, and this has to be my favorite. It is small enough to load and unload by myself, even in a rivers current, has a fairly large payload capability,extremely stable, and will float on only inches of water. The engine will bring it up on plane, even going upstream in the Des Moines River. The air cooled feature is nice and I don't have to worry about plugging up a waterpump. I have a wall tent, and instead of going out of state this year on some expensive trip, I am going to enjoy IA and do a trophy"wilderness" whitetail hunt for 7 days by living in a wall tent during pre rut and using this boat to get myself, my lady, and another couple to some fairly inaccessible land that you can really only hunt by boat. Should be a riot and a great way to feel like you have taken a cool vacation. I may start a little guiding business in the future and offer these types of hunts, who knows.

Old 06-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My Trophy Whitetail Predator/ASAT boat

Emily did a great job, have fun with it.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

She painted that? How long did it take her and how did she go about it?BTW, Awesome job.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Fork Horn

Looks great, she did an amazing job on it.

Don't lose it!
Old 06-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

She painted that? How long did it take her and how did she go about it?BTW, Awesome job.
Thanks guys...she did a gr8 job. She painted it by hand with a 1" 97 cent foam brush. We did the main coat with 3" wide foam brushes. It took her approx 4 hours to do the whole boat with the camo, an hour for the 1st coat. She free handed it and just did it.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

looks good Don cool paint job
Old 06-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks awesome!!!! BUT.......... Hopefully it is just the pics, the paint looks a little shiny.?? Do you plan on using it for waterfowl at all?
Old 06-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Muliefever

Looks awesome!!!! BUT.......... Hopefully it is just the pics, the paint looks a little shiny.?? Do you plan on using it for waterfowl at all?
No waterfowl hunting. I only bow hunt.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Some amasing freehand stuff there. Would have thought it would have taken much longer.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Banned

Just got back from "Christening" the new paint job and getting it out for the 1st time of the year. Took it about 10 miles up river. Can't wait for fall to hopefully see a big monster IA whitetail in it!!

Quick Reply: My Trophy Whitetail Predator/ASAT boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.