Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 rangefinder ???? >

rangefinder ????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

rangefinder ????

Old 06-12-2009, 11:31 AM

Default rangefinder ????

Thinking of buying arangefinder, i've never owned one. Is it worth the extra for the new angle technology, or can i find your run of the mill bushnell and have it work well. I do a lot of hunting out of a tree stand, but don't have a ton a $$$$$$$
Old 06-12-2009, 11:42 AM

Default RE: rangefinder ????

bushnell should work fine...
if your hunting in a tree stand most of the time why dont you just pace off distances and mark them in head or with something?
by the way i love the pic of the deer 3 sum
that used to be my pic on front of my school binder when i was in highschool two years ago till i got suspended for a day for havin it on there. one of my liberal f*ckin teachers
Old 06-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is just my opinion. If you don't have a ton of cash, get yourself the run of mill Bushnell's. You can finding them pretty much all day between $100 and $150, maybe even cheaper if you look used. I hunt 99.9% of the time out of a tree stand and this is what I carry in the field with me. I bought my years ago and never really found a reason to spend the extra cash to upgrade. There are other things to spend your money on that will provide a bigger bang for you buck.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

The angle finder is not necessary . You will be fine with the bushnell or Nikkon
Old 06-13-2009, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use to have the Leupold RXII but I sent it back to Cabelas because it would not hit target but about 30% of the time. I now got the Nikon 800 an it hits target every time.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

Bushnell will work fine. That is what I carry and I hunt out of tree stands 100% of the time.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: tlutterba

Bushnell will work fine. That is what I carry and I hunt out of tree stands 100% of the time.
I agree.

The only way the angular unit is worth the extra $$'s is if you were planing to use it for Rifle hunting say out west or in the "BIG" mountains somewhere. For archery distances you're only talking a yard or 2 and that can eaisly be figured in by shooting trees, objects on the same plane your on. Neglecting the up-hill down-hill.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like others have mentioned, unless you are planning on doing sheep or goat hunting in the mountains, the angle compensations isnt necessary. At shorter ranges with out too much verticle distance such as out of a tree stand, spending the extra money just isnt worth it.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think the angle compensation feature is really necessary, but......................................

If I were buying new, I would not buy one without itjust because you never know what situation you might be in down the line.

Dan
Old 06-16-2009, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I don't think the angle compensation feature is really necessary, but......................................

If I were buying new, I would not buy one without itjust because you never know what situation you might be in down the line.

Dan
True Dat..I would say the same thing. But my 1st generation bushnell is still woking fine. If I were to upgrade I'd likely get the bells and whistles

Quick Reply: rangefinder ????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.