Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Arrows and broadheads? >

Arrows and broadheads?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrows and broadheads?

Old 06-10-2009, 11:53 AM

Default Arrows and broadheads?

does it matter whatkind of arrows i use when i hunt. i just got a bow i cant remember themodel off top my head but i know its a mattews.
anyway what time of arrows and broadheads would ya'll recommend?
Old 06-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Arrows and broadheads?

does it matter what time of arrows i use when i hunt. i just got a bow i cant remember themodel off top my head but i know its a mattews.
anyway what time of arrows and broadheads would ya'll recommend?
I'm partial to 4:30PM out of a Mathews.

Good luck.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:12 PM

i really do not understand what u wrote GMMAT
Old 06-10-2009, 12:13 PM

is 4:30PM a type of arrow?
Old 06-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Dominant Buck

You asked what time.....not which kind. I was joking.

Too much UNknown to give you an arrow/BH recommendation. What's your draw weight? Draw length? What grain broadhead do you want to shoot? Give a little more information and these guys here can send you in the right direction.

Good luck.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

GMMAT's right, my friend. If all someone knows is that you have a bow, about all they can recommend for arrows is "straight ones". As was said, post up the draw weight of the bow and the draw length and someone can help you out.

As for broadhead recommendations, that's opening a can of worms......
Old 06-10-2009, 12:52 PM

I am sorry as you guys to can see Iam brand new to archery. I have rifle hunted all my life and know how to hunt but I dont know nothing about bows. I will post the draw weight and draw length when I figure it out. Is there anything else you would need to know to be able to tell me what some good arrows and broadheads would be?

Man I didnt realize bowhunting would be so technical but I think it will be worth it cuz bowhunting sounds like a blast!
Old 06-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: crbaker123

I am sorry as you guys to can see Iam brand new to archery. I have rifle hunted all my life and know how to hunt but I dont know nothing about bows. I will post the draw weight and draw length when I figure it out. Is there anything else you would need to know to be able to tell me what some good arrows and broadheads would be?

Man I didnt realize bowhunting would be so technical but I think it will be worth it cuz bowhunting sounds like a blast!
No need to be sorry. I just started myself a little over two years ago and knew about as much as you do. Oh yeah,you're right - it's a blast! Just so you know, the draw weight of the bow should be listed on the bow itself - normally on a sticker on the back of the limbs.You're shooting a Mathews - look at the cam. It should have a number stamped on it. Mine has the number 29 indicating that it has a 29" draw length. Here's a question for you: Did you buy this bow new or was it used? If it was used and you just bought it from someone, the draw length may or may not be a good fit for you. I assume you bought it used since it only makes sense that if you bought it new, the dealer would have set you up with arrows. My suggestion would be to grab the yellow pages and find an archery shop to take it to. They would be able to measure your draw length and tell you if it is a good fit or if you need to have it modified. I'm sure they'll have suggestions for arrows as well.

Incidentally, where are you stationed?
Old 06-10-2009, 05:12 PM

LittleChief,
Yes the bow is used but it is the right draw length. The reason I know is that this bow was my brothers and a little over a year ago when he bought it we both got "sized" for bows and the dealer said that my brother and I need the same draw length.

Oh and im stationed on the mississippi gulf coast in gulfport/biloxi area im at the CBC aka the seabee base
Old 06-11-2009, 07:13 AM

okay i got the information that you guys asked for
draw length 29inches
draw weight 54 lbs

Quick Reply: Arrows and broadheads?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.