Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do you people do about early season Mosquitoes? >

What do you people do about early season Mosquitoes?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you people do about early season Mosquitoes?

Old 06-09-2009, 03:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What do you people do about early season Mosquitoes?

ORIGINAL: camokenny

Therma Cell, yea theres a smell but no bugs. If you were worried about smell that much then you need to stay out of the woods. Nothing will stop human odor completely, use the wind to your advantage and just hunt with a therma cell.
Good Advice!

I've killed some very nice Trophies with Thermacell burning full blast. I was even able to sit perfectly still with No bugs bothering me

Dan
Old 06-09-2009, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Therma Cell!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thermacell!!! Yes, it has an odor. So do you. I believe a deer will spook from human odor before spooking from a thermacell. There are lots of smells in the woods and not all spell danger to a deer. Besides, I expect that since the thermacell is hot the scent it creates rises and probably dissapates quicker than human odor. Deer spooking from the motion of swatting mosquitoes is probably more prevalent than spooking due to the scent of a thermacell.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Fork Horn

Thermacell, wouldn't hunt without it
Old 06-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another Thermacell believer. The smell isn't as big an issue for me because I'm usually 20-30' in a tree.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:25 AM

Just got a therma cell last week for shooting in the backyard - man does that thing work. Won't go out without it.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Skeeters don't usually cause me that much of a problem. I usually just deal with it if they do. Never really tried anything that repels them like Thermacell while out hunting. When I'm out in the summer putting up stands and checking cameras I usually just spray some deep woods off to try to keep the ticks off. I HATE those little creepers![:'(]
Old 06-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Site Bouncer

I have a thermacell and it works however I don't hunt with it.

I use it for around my patio and such. The mosquitoes aren't that bad by October when our season opens so I just deal with them for a few weeks and they're gone by November. I do notice that if the wind is just right, not too hard to blow the mosquitoes away but enough to push the thermacell repellent away, it doesn't work too good. I've used it a lot sitting outside on my patio and it's not full proof. But it, combined with some citronella candles, I can keep them little blood suckers at bay. Now if there is no wind, I find it works great, them little flying bastards stay away!
Old 06-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

THERMACELL ALL THE WAY!!!! THERES NOTHING BETTER
Old 06-10-2009, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

So Thermacell really works, ya'll sound like a infomercial for it, I can imagine Billy Mays here, bringing you the Thermacell don't go out in the woods without it, Malaria, Lyme disease, not anymore.

That being said, as of now I don't do anything cover up and wait it out...maybe I'll buy a Thermacell though, when I'm out hanging stands or cameras...

Quick Reply: What do you people do about early season Mosquitoes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.