Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do you people do about early season Mosquitoes? >

What do you people do about early season Mosquitoes?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you people do about early season Mosquitoes?

Old 06-10-2009, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you people do about early season Mosquitoes?

ORIGINAL: camokenny

Therma Cell, yea theres a smell but no bugs. If you were worried about smell that much then you need to stay out of the woods. Nothing will stop human odor completely, use the wind to your advantage and just hunt with a therma cell.

Every hunter should worry about the potential negative smell from something they can control. And not using a ThermaCell is something a hunter can control, by not purchasing one. And the thread is about a thermacell, not stopping human odor.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bug Tamer Suit!
Old 06-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

"bug suit"...Like the one I'm wearing in my avatar. No need to spend money on thermacell
Old 06-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thermacell is a must.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Therma Cell
Old 06-12-2009, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Y'all can keep your Termacells. I guess I'm the only person who is more worried about chiggers in the early season than the mosquitos.Mosquitos are an annoyance. Chiggers are torture, and they are thick here. My solution takes care of both. Ipick up 5-6 cans of Permanone. It's not cheap, but it's fantastic. I take all of my hunting clothing, including socks and boots/shoes, lay it all out and spray it with the Permanone. Let it dry thoroughly and I'm good to go for a couple of weeks, even if I wash the stuff every day. It dries odor-free (at least to humans) and I've never picked up a tick or a chigger, and the skeeters leave that stuff alone. 5-6 cans will last me all season.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

Y'all can keep your Termacells. I guess I'm the only person who is more worried about chiggers in the early season than the mosquitos.Mosquitos are an annoyance. Chiggers are torture, and they are thick here. My solution takes care of both. Ipick up 5-6 cans of Permanone. It's not cheap, but it's fantastic. I take all of my hunting clothing, including socks and boots/shoes, lay it all out and spray it with the Permanone. Let it dry thoroughly and I'm good to go for a couple of weeks, even if I wash the stuff every day. It dries odor-free (at least to humans) and I've never picked up a tick or a chigger, and the skeeters leave that stuff alone. 5-6 cans will last me all season.
Yup. permanone works great for ticks too. The question was about mosquitos, and thermacell is the ticket for them, not permanone. BTW, I have had deer walk up to within yards of me while I was wearing treated clothes, I do believe the stuff dries odorless.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

not very many sceeters in humboldt but a big problem with ticks so i wouldnt know
Old 06-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

Thermacell. Used mine this weekend in Deer camp. Not a bug!!
Old 06-14-2009, 10:54 PM

My view on the scent issue is, if the deer smells the device at your feet when you are up in the stand, he smells you already as well.

I can live with a slightly larger smell while on stand if it means the damn mosquitoes stay away.

I use the thermacell more for turkey hunting than deer hunting though, the bulk of my stand time is in November, when the mosquitos are long gone.

Quick Reply: What do you people do about early season Mosquitoes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.