Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Octane or Wisker Biscuit rest >

Octane or Wisker Biscuit rest

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Octane or Wisker Biscuit rest

Old 06-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default Octane or Wisker Biscuit rest

I am going to purchase a new rest for my bow, i curently have a Wiskerbiscuit but im not sure ifi should keep it. Or go with the Octane rest.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Octane or Wisker Biscuit rest

It really is up to you, but I prefer the Whisker Biscuit. It is super reliable, and just plain works for me.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

if you like the full containment rest, look at the QAD.. I love mine and have not had some of the problems i had with the wb... The only thing is that the QAD is a little more expensive.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

The octane and QAD are way easier on your fletchings, but like Odom said, the QAD is a little pricey.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Fork Horn

I recently bought the new Octane Hostage Pro to put on my new 82ndand ended up taking it back. It started to show signs of wear on the bristlesafter onlya few weeks of shooting. I've hadthe whisker biscuit on my other bowfor the last 3 years and I finally wore it out last season. So, I think for the money, the Whisker Biscuit is the way to go. It's a lot more reliable and seems to last a lot longer.

I've never had the fletching issues the other guys sometimes talk about. I've only shot Blazers and they seem to always hold up good for me.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tried both Hostage's (Pro and regular). They would not withstand even half of the shooting it takes to wear out a biscuit. Get the biscuit - at least until Octane can make a Hostage that will last.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Site Bouncer

Biscuit all the way. I've had zero problems with mine since the switch to the brown and black biscuits.The original all black ones has issues (hard on fletchings,greatly reduced arrow speed) but the newer design is great. I've been shooting them since they first came out, made the switch to the newer biscuit when they appeared and I might just pick up one of the new frame design biscuit rests to see what they are all about. Many components have changed on my bows over the years but the Biscuit has remained steadfast as the only hunting rest I'll use. Until something better comes along it's a Whisker Biscuit rest for me.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Octane Hostage Pro is obviously the best choice. All the advantages and none of the disadvantages associated with constant fletch contact.

The brushes have been upgraded on the Hostage Pro and rpl brushes are available and easily changed.

I have one on my Ross Carnivore and even though I prefer a dropaway (Limb Driver) the Octane Hostage Pro has performed very well.

Dan
Old 06-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I have one on my Ross Carnivore and even though I prefer a dropaway (Limb Driver) the Octane Hostage Pro has performed very well.

Dan
I was wondering how you were going to work "Limbdriver" into the answer.

Go with the hostage rest, I used a biscuit in the past but hated the fact that the fletchings contacted the bristles.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Centaur 1
I was wondering how you were going to work "Limbdriver" into the answer.
With an Honest answer. How else? I actually do prefer a Limb Driver mainly because full containment is a non issue for me, but I set the Carnivore up quick for Turkeys this Spring and I slapped a Hostage Pro on to save some time.

I must admit I was impressed with the overall performance of the rest in both practice and real live hunting situations!

Dan

Quick Reply: Octane or Wisker Biscuit rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.