HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   So there I was...... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/294929-so-there-i.html)

sandilands 05-28-2009 07:02 PM

So there I was......

So there I was in my kitchen slicing about 7 deer hips, I only have insides left. And my knife hits something. I figure what the heck..... I boned it out and I figure I know what I'm doing. Why did I hit bone. After a closer look I had hit a .177 pellet [>:][:@][:'(]
I had the hip in question marked. It came from a doe that I took in october.... I for one noticed that she had alot of extra skin around her neck and found a .22 hole there that was skabbed over. Now I find this. I'm calling conservation in the morning.
Oh and by ther way I was slicing it to make a BIG batch of jerky!!!![8D]

Schultzy 05-28-2009 08:49 PM

RE: So there I was......

Damn poachers!! Lead don't taste all to well either, kinda hard on the teeth too!!:D

wingchaser_labs 05-28-2009 09:16 PM

Isn't really gonna matter much. They will just take your info and say thanks and nothing will come of it. I've seen numerous deer with small caliber holes and bullets in them. Watched my unclecape out ahead once when he was teaching me howto first mount deer heads and a .177 cal bullet fell onto the table. Buck had been shot right between the eyes but didn't penetrate the skull and was just under the skin between the bases. The hunter who brought it to him was not the poacher we figured in this case as it wasn't akilling shot/wound and he knew the guy kind of so when he shot it seemed lagit. Not to say the guy couldn't have done it but seemed highly unlikely as the area it was shot in is city limits and he is the only one who can hunt there and he had the buck patterned feeding late bow season with pics and the amount of poaching inthe areais rediculous. WCL

sandilands 05-28-2009 09:34 PM

I just found a pic of her. Now that I looked I also see as bunch of flabby hide on her legs too. This was the first deer that I have ever shot where the skin was hangin...... 2 foreign objects later I now realize why. Poachers not sure. I think its some kid in the area. We'll see. I had issues last yr with a dog in the same area....... maybe both are from the same household. I know the owner of the dog is anti...... even breaks the law and feeds the deer in his back yard. His black lab loves deer too...... loves to run them and eat them when it gets the chance. Maybe his kids are the same[&:]

jag-mag 05-28-2009 11:25 PM

YOU are so full of **** is unbelevibele. dumb ASS.

Schultzy 05-29-2009 05:51 AM

Huh??????

daveyrock 05-29-2009 08:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Huh??????
I'm with you here???HUH????

YooperMike 05-29-2009 08:03 AM

Call the conservation? Why?

buckeyehntr5 05-29-2009 11:07 AM

That was a little uncalled for...[:'(]

ORIGINAL: jag-mag

hardcorehunter 05-29-2009 01:20 PM

Pretty wild Rob