Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 So there I was...... >

So there I was......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So there I was......

Old 05-29-2009, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So there I was......

The second deer that i shot had a scab on the inside of his leg and a big infection to go along with it. i ended up loosing half of the hind quarter. i tried to find the bullet but i wussed out after seeing that green goo coming out of the cut. It is very upsetting what people do sometimes.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: buckeyehntr5

That was a little uncalled for...[:'(]

ORIGINAL: jag-mag

YOU are so full of **** is unbelevibele. dumb ASS.
Very uncalled for.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:04 AM
Typical Buck

sandilands, I was out late and could not sleep, took a sleeping to sleep, must of been a little strong I want to apologize you. Thonly dumb ass I se in this
thread is myself. sorry
Old 05-30-2009, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

My first deer had an infected wound also. She was hit with an arrow that was shot straight down into the backstraps behind the vitals. The spine was hit but the spinal cord wasn't cut, it stopped the arrow from penetrating any deeper. The wooden shaft broke off under the skin and it scabbed over and created a huge puss pocket. I didn't know it then but it's probably the reason that the deer let an eleven year old boy sneak closer for a better shot. I bet she was in some kind of syptic shock from the massive infection.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like water off a ducks back...... no problem. I don't take to bickering much on these sites. If ya don't like move along. If I get a bad post on a thread I start. So be it. Comes with the game.
I'm calling conservation just so that they know that there is a problem in the area. Its farm land with very few houses and the deer stay in one area for the most part. There is house across the small river(that has the feeder) and thats where I hear the shots coming from all day when I'm hunting. First off its illegal to shoot big game with rimfires and second off its a no firearm zone..... ie bow hunting only. Toss the feeder and the rimfire in and they've got problems. Will they do anything about it...... who knows. But I've done my part

ORIGINAL: jag-mag

sandilands, I was out late and could not sleep, took a sleeping to sleep, must of been a little strong I want to apologize you. Thonly dumb ass I se in this
thread is myself. sorry
Old 05-30-2009, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

By the way. the jerky is all cured and seasoned waiting to hit the smoker at my buddies butcher shop in the middle of the week
Old 05-31-2009, 05:41 AM
Typical Buck

Feel free to share it when it gets done!
Old 06-01-2009, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Back home, in the U.P. I have an uncle who is a taxidermist, and VERY seldom does a bear come in that is over 300 pounds without some lead in it somewhere. Where feeding is prevalant, and just about everyone has a deer camp back in the woods with a corn pile under the spotlight to see what's around, the bears are a constant target of people taking shots at them, mostly in the guts so they will run off and die, instead of right in the corn pile. As for poaching a doe, not sure of the point!
Old 06-02-2009, 05:27 PM

You did the right thing contacting law enforcement - maybe you will provide what has been a missing piece to a puzzle they could not put together on a poacher. Glad to hear the meat was ok.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jerky is done..... sharing is a problem. I started with 13 lbs and got 7 back. I'm giving some to my ex wife, the new Girlfriends family and to the guys at work...... not to mention hunting buddies. Thats leaves me with what I ate tonight......[:@].
Need less to say I'm starting a new batch as we speak. This one will be bigger. I have a camping trip planned with the new girlfriend and her friends. Need about 5 lbs for then. There goes a whole mess of deer meat. I'm also changing my recipe a bit too. I think it needs more salt and sugar...... more spice forthe spicey batch to boot. I'll post my recipe's in the near future. Once they are tweaked to perfection. Maybe I'll do a step by step tutorial/pictorial for those that want it. Anyone interested?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.