Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tred Barta Paralyzed >

Tred Barta Paralyzed

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tred Barta Paralyzed

Old 05-21-2009, 06:33 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Tred Barta Paralyzed

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

I would love to jump into this "debate" not specifically of the Man (as I don't know anything about him, except what I've read on similiar threads), but about some of the points made from "both sides".

However, I will refrain from that in this thread. To me this was an update on a Fellow Hunter. A man who suffered an injury that no one would wish on anyone..on that we agree.

Let's stick to well wishes and prayers..and debate ethics and methods else-where. As a Celebrity in the hunting community, it's just possible this thread gets his attention, from some friend, associate or colleague. The message we want to get out is..Get well Tred, we as a community are pulling for you!
My feelings exactly!! This thread was started to make people aware of a very serious situation that a fellow hunter has been stricken with. It doesn't matter if you like his show or not, it is still a human being facing a very scary situation. I am just really suprised that a few members here have taken a sensitive thread and turned it into an ethics argument. Please save that for another time, not now.
I have watched Treds show before, and I have my opinions, but right now all I can think of is that I pray for the man and his family and hope the Lord blesses him with a quick and full recovery.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:23 AM

Not worth even worth a response.

I sure hope he recovers and is back at it in no time, hunting, deep sea fishing, and doing what he loves most!

Prayers, while insecure at best, have been sent his way from KY.

The latest update I added sure sounds a WHOLE lot more hopeful than the first update, lets hope they continue in that direction.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

People astonish me. Good luck Tred. I hope to see you on TV very soon!
Old 05-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would love to jump into this "debate" not specifically of the Man (as I don't know anything about him, except what I've read on similiar threads), but about some of the points made from "both sides".

However, I will refrain from that in this thread. To me this was an update on a Fellow Hunter. A man who suffered an injury that no one would wish on anyone..on that we agree.

Let's stick to well wishes and prayers..and debate ethics and methods else-where. As a Celebrity in the hunting community, it's just possible this thread gets his attention, from some friend, associate or colleague. The message we want to get out is..Get well Tred, we as a community are pulling for you!
Amen!!!
Fred I thought I had some tough times, I wish you the best my fellow bowhunter!!!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

no matter who it is this is tragic news and i wish him the best. i will keep him and his family in my prayers.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

He really gets under you guys skin that much, huh?

Would it bother you if Lebron and Kobe both boasted they were the best two players in the league? It's true. Why would it?

His shot selection hasn't always been stellar (nor has ANYONE'S who's been doing this for a while). But...bottom line....HE DOES DO IT THE HARD WAY....and that absolutely irritates the hell out of (seemingly) a LOT of compound shooters (most trad guys love his quest, if not him too).

Even with his recent paralyzation as the topic.....the insecurities seep into threads. I would say I'm amazed, but I'm not.
It has NOTHING to do with his equipment,it is him and his total lack of common since and ability.

He does it the hard way,sure,many do and I have respect for that but not if you are not takingt shots you think you can make.He takes shots he doesn't have the ability to make.Poke and hope mentality and then boast about doing it the hard way.

Fred Bear was an accomplished archer that may take bad shots according to some but I quarantee when he shot,he was under the assumption that he could make the shot.

But I do hope he has a speedy recovery.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Typical Buck

"It has NOTHING to do with his equipment,it is him and his total lack of common since and ability"

... I think you meant Sense.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Thats aweful.. I hope he makes a recovery. I always liked him. Love brutally honest people.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ElkNutz

"It has NOTHING to do with his equipment,it is him and his total lack of common since and ability"

... I think you meant Sense.

I think your right.[&:]
Old 05-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

That really is horrible news. I have never heard of a spinal stroke before but I really hope he can pull through it and with some luck get back most of his mobility.. Wow, really just kind of blown away..

Quick Reply: Tred Barta Paralyzed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.