Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

got some news

Old 05-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default got some news

Thought i would share something very personal with you guys. I got off my diet in Jan. By march i was back up to my starting weight plus 15 pounds. So i made a very hard choice. Try another diet or gastric bypass surgery. I have discussed it with my doctor and seen the bypass surgeon. The way it looked i will be getting surgery in mid to late July. It has been a hard choice to make something i have thought about for about 4 years. But i think it has become a must. My knee is worst. They have me taking a handful of pain pills a day. Plus i found out part of my heart is enlarged. Found that out a month ago I had a infection in my leg and end up in the ER and they found it on a test. They did not seem to worried about it since my doctor has not talked about it since. I just hope i am back up an moving by hunting season. My hope is i will be able to use a climber by the 2010 season. I was told i would get to 275 or so at the heaviest. I am hoping alittle lower because i want to build some muscle up after it is all done and want to stay under 300. I think 275 with me 6'5 would be good.
So thought i would let you guys know whats up i consider most of you are extended family.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: got some news

Tim your health is every thing, the choices are yours and yours alone. I wish you nothing but the very best. Keep us up to date with your progress.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Tim, I wish you the best. Your too young to have an enlarged heart, it's a good thing to take care of it before there's any permanent damage. Keep us informed buddy.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

I wish you the best of luck with those issues.. I hope all goes well for you and that you are back up and going soon.. I had a friend that has that done and he has lost a lot of wieght from it. You have to be carefull of what you eat though, hot and spicey food and ect. is hard on him..

I agree tho the choice is yours and yours alone. Health issues are nothing to let go by the way side if you can help get it under control tho.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:33 AM

HEY BUDDY I KNOW IT SEEMS LIKE THE EASY WAY OUT AND YOU WOULD LOSE A LOT OF WEIGHT BUT IM TELLING YOU AS A FRIEND DONT DO IT ,MY MOM AND MOTHER IN LAW BOTH HAD THIS SURGERY AND ONE HAS TO EAT WITH A FEEDING TUBE AND THE OTHER VOMITS EVERYTIME THEY EAT ,ITS NOT WORTH THE PRICE YOULL PAY
Old 05-17-2009, 06:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Tim, I wish the best for you and any way you can get back on the road to a manageable weight and better health is a Great thing!!

Good Luck and keep us informed!

Dan
Old 05-19-2009, 12:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tim,
Your health should be your TOP priority!!! If you don't have your health, you don't just lose one season, you lose MANY!!!! Get on a good diet AND exercise program, start right now to CHANGE YOUR LIFE for the better. Gastric By-pass will only work if YOU work to make it work. If you go back to bad eating habits, you can literally "stretch" your stomach, and end up right back where you started. Good Luck, and remember, if it's seems tough, then it's probably worth it!!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Tim. My dad has lap-band surgery September of last year and is down 88 pounds. He's a new man because of it, doing things he hasn't done in many, many years. Which procedure are you going for, the band or the Y? Even though the surgery is going to have you losing weight, you still need to follow an eating plan. If you do as you are told by the surgeons, you shouldn't have any problems. It is very important to follow their instructions to the letter for a safe recovery. Lots of people have trouble, but 99% of them don't listen well either.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wish you all the best tim, keep us updated.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:29 PM

Good Luck Tim, Ill say a prayer!

Quick Reply: got some news

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.