Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

DIAMOND STUD

Old 05-15-2009, 12:46 PM

Default DIAMOND STUD

Guys...

Ok, I have shot a Black Ice, Iceman, Admiral.....

Now I saw a Stud.... and it's cheaper than the others ! But have not shot it... How doe's it stack up ?
Old 05-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: DIAMOND STUD

only u can decide that. shoot one and let us know!
Old 05-15-2009, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Like was said above you need to shoot for yourself to see if it's worth the $$ difference. The 3 you mentioned are going to have better performance as well as lower noise and shock levels.

All that said the Stud is still a nice bow.Whether the others are worth the difference to you or not?

Only you can decide!

Dan
Old 05-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

3 awesome bows already and you want a 4th? I think a backup is necessary but a backup to a backup to a backup?
Old 05-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Gut Check

3 awesome bows already and you want a 4th? I think a backup is necessary but a backup to a backup to a backup?
I could be wrong but shooting them doesn't mean he bought them

Dan
Old 05-15-2009, 08:26 PM

I bought a Black Ice in July 07. Sold it last year and have been shooting a longbow. I went and shot the mentioned bows and shot the Stud today - it was a good shooter- I wish I could shoot it next to a Black Ice and a Marquis though... So far I like its length but starting to like the Iceman most.... but for almost 200 less the Stud was looking good... Everyone is sold out of the Marquis so I guess Ill not get the chance to shoot one....

I also shot the Ross Carnivor - very smooth it was but i like the Iceman better due to the overall 'feel' of the bow...

If I could just get my hands on a Marquis now... I could make a decision...
Old 05-16-2009, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know whay you mean when you comment on it being cheaper, I did the same thing. I wanted a Black Ice and wound up with a Justice, $399 vs. $649. I love my bow and it serves it's purpose well but the only problem is I still want a top shelf bow instead of one that's off the bargain rack. One advantage though is that I got back into archery after being away from it for 20 years. Bows have changed so much that it's like starting from scratch, and my Justice has given me time to figure out what I really like. If my boss gave me a $850 bonus today I'd buy an AlphaMax 32.

I guess what I'm trying to say is; if you like it get it, if your just settling because of the money I would try to get it somehow and get the bow that you really like. The price range that your talking about is only $200 away from getting any bow you want.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Centaur 1, I agree most times the difference in what we want or what we could settle for is not that much.

And many times getting the top shelf item will save you $$ in the long run

Dan
Old 05-16-2009, 11:32 AM

Well it's done......

The Iceman cometh....
Old 05-16-2009, 12:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: eightwgt

Well it's done......

The Iceman cometh....
Congrats! The Iceman is quite a shooter!

You will Love it!

Dan

Quick Reply: DIAMOND STUD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.