Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Turkeys almost over...entering summer >

Turkeys almost over...entering summer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Turkeys almost over...entering summer

Old 05-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Turkeys almost over...entering summer

I missed it guys....drew a permit.... and the babies, house, wife, trips down south, work...I never made it out...MY fault...

Am I the only guy?

I have not been on HNI much.... but...its like a ghost town lately.....Even on the off season I'm not liking the turn out...I suggest we all get off the couch and quit worrying about what place to hang out at and chat about our passions here!..

HNI has the format and the people...I say stick with it....

See ya later..I gotta get some trail cams ready...Bucks are making horns this month.

Brian
Old 05-13-2009, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Turleys almost over...entering summer

Hey man,
You aren't the only one! [:@] I never made it out for turkey, between working on my house (basement finishing), crazy work schedule, family, and fishing I just never made the time to get out...

I am however getting the itch for bow season, going to get my cameras back out this weekend. Gotta refresh all my mineral sites... I'm looking forward to next season!
Old 05-13-2009, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't miss TurkeysI am waiting until sometime in July to start running Trail Cams this year.

Dan
Old 05-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have really got the itch for trail cams now after seeing some of the other guy's pics. I am waiting until after T season. I like to be able to put some corn/apples out to setup the pics. Food plots are coming in good now at the cabin land. Still needing to plant the other two properties.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Dan..

I agree...I'm gonna drop the I40 in July and let it run for 4 months in my spot up north...the 4 gig card will tell me everything...Its like Christmas when you check it...I'll run the stealth cam on spots close to home...

Technology is just awesome...

Good Luck!!
Old 05-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys actualy couldnt find a single day to go turkey hunting ?!? [:-]Man, that depresses ME! [&:]
Old 05-14-2009, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've only made it out on Saturday's (can only hunt until noon, and I can't get enough time in the weekdays and still make it to work). I won't be out this Saturday either as I will be at my fiance's graduation. I almost sealed the deal within the first 1.5hr on opening day, but I had a gun malfunction. I should have known it would probably be my only opportunity[:@]
Old 05-14-2009, 04:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

You guys actualy couldnt find a single day to go turkey hunting ?!? [:-]Man, that depresses ME! [&:]
Yeah! Me too Cornfed!

Dan
Old 05-14-2009, 04:40 PM

I made it out one time - I just don't have the fire in me for spring turkeys anymore. As time passes I find myself making more time for the handful of outdoor activities I really enjoy and putting some of the others (like spring turkey) on the back burner. I wouldn't say I missed it, but it does leave you feeling a little empty.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

The real issue for me was...I had 2 days I could make it....but I wanted to visit the lady on the pig farm and give her 50 bucks for letting me hunt last year...she was not home so I didnt want to burn my bridge...and slip out....

I'm going to visit her in a week or so...give her a gift card and tell her I hope to hunt again next year....

This spot is sick....Every time I go..I put a bird on the ground...its a one time visit...hit the call....Birds all up on me...OH WELL....I've got plenty of critters to shoot with my bow in the summer....My dad has a ground hog thats getting silly so I plan to educate him with the Hoyt AM32.

Trail Cameras are on Deck.....Building an 8X8 blind in the sky for my little girls...4 and 2 1/2 years old....we're going scouting together this year...

Quick Reply: Turkeys almost over...entering summer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.