Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 2009 Deer preseason >

2009 Deer preseason

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2009 Deer preseason

Old 05-12-2009, 10:04 AM

Default 2009 Deer preseason

I know it is only May and the bucks havent started growing there horns butI am so pumped for the 2009 deer season. I didnt have much success last year but i hope to have a great season this year. It is hard for me to find land to hunt but i have managed. besides trail cams what other scouting are you guys doing?
Old 05-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 2009 Deer preseason

I got a pic of a deer on my cam that has already grown his brow tines and is just about past his ears.Gonna be a good un too!
Old 05-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have not even thought about putting the camera out yet. I was turkey hunting and I had a buck within ten yards of me and he just had nubs. I like to look out into fields at dusk because I think in the summer you can get a good idea what is out there unlike cameras. The properties I hunt we pretty much know who are shooters are but every year there is always a surprise. The one thing I like about cameras is you can pretty much figure out the whos who of you deer population if you know what to look for and give them names. My brother in law is a freak and he can tell each deer within seconds but I can not wait to get the camera back when August rolls around because we have some monsters out there running around. This year I will only be looking for any buck over 140. I sound greedy but that is the type of deer we have in this one spot. Five legit shooters and one in the 170's! I will be sure to post those pictures in August.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Turkey season ends tomorrow here in IL, so ALL there is to do now is prepare for deer season! LOL!

From 3D shoots to our foodplots.... all the way to our Oct. 1 opener will be getting ready for deer season!
Old 05-13-2009, 08:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Besides shooting every week I'll start running Trail Cams sometime in July.

Actually it's just around the corner.

Dan
Old 05-13-2009, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Planting food plots and apples trees, killing turkeys, eating turkey dinners, fishing.. I too am looking forward to summer. You're right, bow season kinda seems far away, but it will come quickly. Especially with all the deer season prep work (hanging/moving stands, cutting shooting lanes, food plot maintainence, trail cams, etc.) and summer fun. Summer always seems to fly by, and then bam, its October 1st

The bucks here are growing their antlers in May. They started growing in April..

Old 05-14-2009, 04:43 PM

Great trail cam pics - They'll be making altler this month for sure. I have been getting ready for deer season (at least mentally) for a couple months. Even my hardcore buddies look at me like I'm nuts. Gota new bow, learned some things about the property I hunted last year and believe t will be a good year. Never too early.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

The pics are getting my fired up already!
Old 05-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have my camera out quite yet but did a lot of looking while turkey hunting.. I'll start doing some work in the woods here soon and will have cameras up within the next couple months.. I have seen a whitetail in IL and a Mulie in NE already growing antlers..
Old 05-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen some good growth here in KY for it being this early. I haven't put out cams and probably wont until July. For the first time every we've got corn planted on a large part of the farm and I'm really curious to see how it will affect deer movement, hopefully for the better.

Quick Reply: 2009 Deer preseason

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.