Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bow Accessory Help >

Bow Accessory Help

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow Accessory Help

Old 05-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default Bow Accessory Help

I am in the market for a new bow this year and I have narrowed down my choices to a few now. What I need some help with is the accessories for the bow-- sights, stabilizer, quiver, rest, etc. I don't want to spend top dollar for the accessories, would rather use the extra money for a better bow but would like good quality accessories that won't cost me an arm and a leg. Also if anyone could recommend any websites to get the best prices that would be great also.

I have thought about getting the accessory packages that is offered with some bows but wonder about the quality of the items that are offered. I am wondering if I could get better quality accessories for a little bit more money and be better in the long run.

Thanks, Jim
Old 05-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bow Accessory Help

well just for a good pin sight i would go w/ a tru glow... for the money can't beat it.. quickie quiver is a staple and also much less expensive than most on the market today.. you will have no problems w/ either of those two.. When it comes to rest, can't help you. I've never not spent money on a rest.....
Old 05-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

There are lots of good choices in accessories. It really depends on what you are looking for drop away rest? Full Containment rest? Single pin sight? Multi-pin sight? etc.

IMHO money spent on top notch accessories are a good investment and will last you several years. I think in the long run they will save you $$.

Dan
Old 05-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Spike

Here`s where you should go. I get my supplies from them.http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/
Old 05-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

IMHO money spent on top notch accessories are a good investment and will last you several years. I think in the long run they will save you $$.
Very good advice and the same I would also offer to him. I've seen far to many shooters go cheaper on accessories and then go thru numerous accessories trying to find the one that they should have bought in the first place.

That being said I would strongly suggest taking a look at Spot-Hogg series sights. They are expensive but I can assure you that you won't find a more bombproof product! For a rest, I preferfallaway that also offers an excellent level of full containment. My fav is the QAD Ultra-rest. Concerning stabilizers, it really comes down to the balance you're looking for. For the rig I'm shooting now, the inexpensive lil' SVL S-coil is awesome. Light, short and soaks up shot vibes like a sponge.

Best of luck to ya with your new rig.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Dan
I agree with dan on this one. I recently bought a Cobra 3 pin sight that works good for me. I went with the new Trophy Ridge drop away and it works excellent on myset up.So as others are saying you get pretty much what you pay for. No matter though on what you decide good luck with your set up.