Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Elite and Bowtech >

Elite and Bowtech

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Elite and Bowtech

Old 05-07-2009, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Elite and Bowtech

I (thank GAWD!) missed the whole debacle when BowTech & Kevin parted ways.

I see it this way- I've met Kevin a few times, picked his brain for hours when I was able to, laughed and drank with him, and have been buying his designs (regardless of company) since 1995. I like the guy (though his ex-wife..ooooff....nutcase), and he's got a gift for good solid designs. But for whatever reason he's not well liked in the industry it seems So he's always gonna get ragged/stomped on as long as he is in the spotlight, which is unfortunate.

But I think it's pretty darn safe to say from a purely objective standpoint that while he got the ball rolling initially with BowTech, BowTech has come up with some equally great designs since his departure. I don't know whom is/are the engineer/s @ BowTech now, but I think they are doing a bang-up job. I can only see vast improvements/refinement in all areas (not just cam design) since I left the Bowtech Corp. staff and Archery proper in 2004-ish.

On the other hand- Kevin's stuff with Elite is fantastic, but it sure looks like to me from going back through the various models they have put out since inception that its basically the same bow designs (Allegiance and Tribute), over and over- Generally with a new cam design after getting sued and being forced to come up with something else. I'd like to see him come up with something different and new! ya know? Not just cams, but riser as well. I know he's capable, he had some really cool ahead of the time cam designs with Phoenix and then the G3 FM (Bowtech) and I hope with the better financial backing currently and business growth he can finally get some solid footing. Elite as a manufacturer needs to also get the bow consistently produced- meaning, half of the bows are coming all kinds of goofy out of the box. I checked out a few newbies my shop got in a couple weeks ago and they are way off synch and cams are not even close to proper rotation. It's my understanding that G5 has stopped building strings too (?), so Elite better get something better string-wise and get their builders tightened up. Growing pains is all- but it's gonna put off new customers and dealers.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: stikbow26

Heck they all do that!!! Hoyt has used or copied or purchased the Darton cams for years and you could pretty much go on about that with all the bows!! Walt
Darton didn't make many bows for a long time because they were getting royalties on the "bianary cam" systems that vitrually all bow companies were/are using. that's perfectly fine to use a pateneted system and pay the rightful owner of it. But to go out and carbon copy another companies line with what only amounts to cosmetic changes......... that just leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I promise i will never say another word about this subject that has been beaten to death and back to life as many times as Brett Farve's career.

oh boy i bet that fires some folks up
Old 05-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Typical Buck

I promise i will never say another word about this subject that has been beaten to death and back to life as many times as Brett Farve's career.

oh boy i bet that fires some folks up As a puple bleeding diehard Viking fanatic, I will ask that you please refrain from bringing up that subject!!
Old 05-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Proff

oh boy i bet that fires some folks up As a puple bleeding diehard Viking fanatic, I will ask that you please refrain from bringing up that subject!!
lolol do i sense a sore spot there? He's not gonna do it cause they were gonna require he show to all practices whether voluntary or mandatory. He said no thanks.... just wants to play i guess.