HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   bowtech general???????? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/293123-bowtech-general.html)

backnaction34 04-30-2009 05:36 PM

bowtech general????????

I need the good, the bad, and the ugly on the bowtech general. Thinking about buying one, can't decide.

Rob/PA Bowyer 04-30-2009 05:54 PM

RE: bowtech general????????

The General is an incredible bow, a shockless, vibrationless extremely (probably the quietest) bow.

However, Bowtech did a recall on General limbs because less than 1% of the limbs were breaking. Since the recall and the fixed replacement limbs were installed, there has been zero failures.

When I received my General, I was in absolute awe at how quiet and shockfree/vibration free a bow could be. I did think it possible. I thoroughly enjoyed shooting the General.

Tribal 04-30-2009 06:28 PM

ORIGINAL: backnaction34

I need the good, the bad, and the ugly on the bowtech general. Thinking about buying one, can't decide.
I just went through this exact thing a month ago. After major research and opinions on here and bowhunting.com I felt much better about making the purchase. Here is the lowdown on the Bowtech General. As Rob Stated less than 1% had problems with the limbs it was a volantary recall which means Bowtech did not need to issue one. They did because they wanted to take care of the problem and stand behind the product. Well sure it gave some of the Bowtech haters a reason to bad mouth the product. Pay no attention be assured that the general is a AWESOME bow and I am sure you have updated limbs if your new one even had to be replaced at this stage I am guessing they did not. Is this a new bow? Or a used? Don't hesitate to purchase out of fear of a bad bow. It is sooo fricking sweet if you do not love it when you shoot it should be the only reason NOT to buy this bow. Any questions feel free to Pm me or just ask here. I researched this too death and the General is one bow you will not be disappointed with. Here is a review from a non bias reviewer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPEsI...e=channel_page

drockw 04-30-2009 06:32 PM

If you like the feel of it then buy it. There is no real BAD IMHO! I loved mine, and when i think about it now, i wish i wouldnt have ever gotten rid of it. Id buy one if i had the extra money. Real nice bows for hunting[8D]

Derek

Tribal 04-30-2009 06:37 PM

Besides it's one of the coolest looking.;)

drockw 04-30-2009 08:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Tribal

Besides it's one of the coolest looking.;)

X10 man! just gonna tease ya a bit more with my pics haha[8D]

JeffB 05-01-2009 04:47 AM

Derek- was yours in Brush camo??

As far as the General- I missed all the drama about the limb recall (barring places like AT, where you OD on drama each and every day). I have put a few arrows through an updated limb model. Frankly I was amazed- I cannot recall EVER hearing such a silent bow- and the bow absolutely does not move, jump or vibrate. I thought the Admiral was top notch, but the General is even better in those aspects (its quite a bit slower though of course). My shop owner friend felt the limb issues (on AT and elesehwere) were completely exaggerated- they had sold a ton of Generals with no issues whatsoever. He did say the recall pretty much killed their Bowtech sales for the remainder of the year. Alos, they were not happy in the extreme with the way Bowtech handled the issue on the dealer side of things, but thats another thread.

drockw 05-01-2009 10:19 PM

ORIGINAL: JeffB

Derek- was yours in Brush camo??

As far as the General- I missed all the drama about the limb recall (barring places like AT, where you OD on drama each and every day). I have put a few arrows through an updated limb model. Frankly I was amazed- I cannot recall EVER hearing such a silent bow- and the bow absolutely does not move, jump or vibrate. I thought the Admiral was top notch, but the General is even better in those aspects (its quite a bit slower though of course). My shop owner friend felt the limb issues (on AT and elesehwere) were completely exaggerated- they had sold a ton of Generals with no issues whatsoever. He did say the recall pretty much killed their Bowtech sales for the remainder of the year. Alos, they were not happy in the extreme with the way Bowtech handled the issue on the dealer side of things, but thats another thread.
Mine was in Max-4. It was the sickest lookin bow ive ever seen imho! I absolutely loved how it handled adn really... everything about it. I hate to say it, but i really liked the general more than the admiral. I was gonna get a captain, but then got an AM35 instead b/c i thought it balanced better than either of those.

all of the drama...:eek::eek::eek: I shot mine for over 3 months after i found out about the recall lol and never had a single issue. I probably shot mine 3000 times (if not more lol) after i found out about it. It was right around 3d/hunting season and i was burnin the targets up. Since it was in max-4 i had to wait a super long time until my updates came in:eek:so i refused to wait.

Dont get me wrong though, it really lingered in my mind quite a bit... you know the "I wonder what my cam hitting me in the top of my head would feel like" thought lol! It was a great bow, and i never had an issue.

Derek

drockw 05-01-2009 10:23 PM

I was getting 268 shooting 66#'s with my axis 340's with 100gr. tips. No idea what the real weight on them was, butthe silence made up drastically for the deer[8D] I traded the general for a 101st and WOW was there a huge freakin difference. The bowsare litterally polar opposittes lol! It took me quite a while to get used tohow noisy the 101streally was. My hunting setup was shootinin the 300fps range tho so the noise was really irrelevant. Atleast the deer didnt think so anyway;)

Derek

JeffB 05-02-2009 05:24 AM

Thanks for the info Derek- a Axis 340 at the length you would use is not exactly a lightweight arrow! I'd say thats pretty good performance considering the big brace on the General.

Despite all the forum drama, those who have owned/still own them, seem to absolutely love the bow.