Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What are your thoughts? >

What are your thoughts?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What are your thoughts?

Old 04-30-2009, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What are your thoughts?

I am needing to get a new string soon and the guy at the archery shop said Winners Choice is the best. If you have a winners choice string, or if you shot one before, what did you like or dislike about them? All information is very helpful! Thanks guys!
Old 04-30-2009, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What are your thoughts?

THAT WOULD BE A GOOD CHOICE
Old 04-30-2009, 07:54 AM

yah ive always used them there the best out there dependable and they are long lasting
Old 04-30-2009, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a bow that is wearing Winner's Choice and I wouldn't say they they are the best. They are very good and very expensive. Unlike some people I base my opinion on the fact that I have tried a few others for comparison and really have no brand loyalty. Nobody can say what is BEST unless they've tried them all and that's is totally impossible.

I have used H&M, Prostrings, and Bucknasty and any of these are the equal of Winner's Choice in my opinion. I think Bucknasty strings might have a slight edge, but it's really hard to differenciate between any of them as for quality of workmanship. MeanV on here deals Vapor Trail, which have a faithful following.

That being said, you have a shop that apparently deals with Winner's Choice. Is getting another brand going to jeopardize a relationship? If no then compare prices and pick one. You really can't go wrong with any of them.

And the few I have mentioned is just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

I have a bow that is wearing Winner's Choice and I wouldn't say they they are the best. They are very good and very expensive. Unlike some people I base my opinion on the fact that I have tried a few others for comparison and really have no brand loyalty. Nobody can say what is BEST unless they've tried them all and that's is totally impossible.

I have used H&M, Prostrings, and Bucknasty and any of these are the equal of Winner's Choice in my opinion. I think Bucknasty strings might have a slight edge, but it's really hard to differenciate between any of them as for quality of workmanship. MeanV on here deals Vapor Trail, which have a faithful following.

That being said, you have a shop that apparently deals with Winner's Choice. Is getting another brand going to jeopardize a relationship? If no then compare prices and pick one. You really can't go wrong with any of them.

And the few I have mentioned is just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak.
Have to agree with everything said here. Winner's Choice makes a good string, but I think they are over priced. I currently shoot M&R strings and have shot Bucknasty strings in the past and would say both are just as good (if not better) than Winner's Choice and both cost a fraction of Winner's Choice.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've used a lot of the Top name strings including VaporTrail, WC, and BuckNasty. They are all good strings, but availability and price considered I now use VaporTrails on any custom string I need.

My price on the VaporTrails is very competetive!

Dan
Old 04-30-2009, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

I have a bow that is wearing Winner's Choice and I wouldn't say they they are the best. They are very good and very expensive.
x2
Old 04-30-2009, 10:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bucknasty for me!
Old 04-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all the info! I know... Winners choice is $125 for all!!!!!!! For a couple threads! JK but seems expensive! Keep the info commin!
Old 05-01-2009, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

You'll be ok with a set of bucknasty or Mike Priester's strings at H & M. Wolfden also makes very good strings at a reasonable cost. I've them on my last 2 hunting bows, and they were great.

Quick Reply: What are your thoughts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.