Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What are your thoughts? >

What are your thoughts?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What are your thoughts?

Old 05-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What are your thoughts?

ORIGINAL: HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED

Thanks for all the info! I know... Winners choice is $125 for all!!!!!!! For a couple threads! JK but seems expensive! Keep the info commin!
Get with Dan (meanv2). His prices for VT are a fraction of that lol! I have no experience with winners choice on my own bows so i wont say they are bad, but they are pretty pricey

Derek
Old 05-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

I have to say I am really pleased with my Vapor Trail so far. I have no experience with Winners Choice.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: drockw

Thanks for all the info! I know... Winners choice is $125 for all!!!!!!! For a couple threads! JK but seems expensive! Keep the info commin!
Get with Dan (meanv2). His prices for VT are a fraction of that lol! I have no experience with winners choice on my own bows so i wont say they are bad, but they are pretty pricey

Derek
HAHA I know! I asked him, but he doesn't sell "winners choice" Strings...
Old 05-03-2009, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

There's 2 other ones also... The archery shop makes their own string (I know you haven't had any experience with those) Or "Zebra Bow Strings"... Lemme know!
Old 05-03-2009, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: drockw

Derek
HAHA I know! I asked him, but he doesn't sell "winners choice" Strings...
I don't?

Dan
Old 05-04-2009, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

There's 2 other ones also... The archery shop makes their own string (I know you haven't had any experience with those) Or "Zebra Bow Strings"... Lemme know!
To tell you my personal opinion I would stay as far away from Zebra as you can get. As for the shop guy making them? Thatr is always an option and he may make some pretty good strings. You could ask him for referneces and get opinions from those who use them, but make sure they are not your average bowhunter, but guys who are into target and/or 3D as they usually have a better idea of what "good" means. If you get favorable reviews and his price is right then maybe give him a try. There are a lot of people making strings that don't do so commercially but still put out a good product. If yuou have him make you a set and they prove to work well then it saves you the hassle of looking around.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I've used a lot of the Top name strings including VaporTrail, WC, and BuckNasty. They are all good strings, but availability and price considered I now use VaporTrails on any custom string I need.

My price on the VaporTrails is very competitive!

Dan
This is a gross understatement. Dan's price and VT's quality, that's a "winner's" choice.