Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Please tell me if I'm getting a decent deal or not on a Matthews Outback! >

Please tell me if I'm getting a decent deal or not on a Matthews Outback!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Please tell me if I'm getting a decent deal or not on a Matthews Outback!

Old 04-28-2009, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default Please tell me if I'm getting a decent deal or not on a Matthews Outback!

So I got a buddy who wants to sell me a 2002 Matthews Outback with new string and cables. He says that the sights and rest are "top of the line" and two years old but for the sake of pricing let's just say that they are upper level. He wants $350, what do you guys think? I am I getting a decent deal if all this is accurate?
Old 04-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Please tell me if I'm getting a decent deal or not on a Matthews Outback!

I was at a Mathews shop the other day and they had 2 used Outbacks for $450-$500 for just the bow. So if it is all setup with new strings and cables and a good rest and sight I would say it's a good deal.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Please tell me if I'm getting a decent deal or not on a Matthews Outback!

Thats a fair deal. He is definetly not ripping you off. 02 Outback fully loaded? Is it your length? If not you will have to buy a cam for a few bucks. That seems like a fair deal.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:50 AM

GREAT BUY GO FOR IT
Old 04-28-2009, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Did they make the Outback in 2002, seems like that would be a long life for a model. But anyway they hold a great resale. You could easily list it on EBAY and recoup the investment+ if ya wanted to trade up..to say a Bowtech
Old 04-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

First off, that is a great deal. I love my Outback.
Second, it isn't a 2002. It is a 2004. I bought mine in 2004 when they were the hot new bow.
They are really are a sweet shooter. I love mine.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Typical Buck

First of, that is a great deal. Especially if it is loaded. I love my Outback.
Second, it has to be a 2004, not a 2002. I bought mine brand new when they first came out and that was in 2004. I bought the second my local shop got in. It is really a great bow. If it fits you, you can't go wrong with that deal.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry about that. I didn't think the first reply went through.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think someone should tell him emphatically that the bow should fit him for draw length and what the cost would be if he needs to change the cam. He could probably find a used one or trade for one, but if he has to buy a new one, assuming they are still made, it would cost about $80 or more. I could be wrong, but just thought I'd point this out.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: luke/r

all setup with new strings and cables
New strings and cables are at least $65 (maybe more). This is equally important to the cam compatibility for value.

Quick Reply: Please tell me if I'm getting a decent deal or not on a Matthews Outback!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.