Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stock bowtech strings >

Stock bowtech strings

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stock bowtech strings

Old 04-28-2009, 06:08 AM

Default Stock bowtech strings

Does anyone know who makes the strings on Bowtechs? My string isalmost worn out and I don't have a bowpress. I would really like to order a custom string off Giblet or Vapor Trail, but I feel bad taking it to anothershop to put it on. The shop I usually go to hasZebra strings and I haven't heard anything too positive about them. I don't know if they changed stringsrecently mine is a 05 bowtech Old Glory.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Stock bowtech strings

I bought Gibblet strings for my 05 Ally and my shop had no issues putting them on for me.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:18 AM

I may do that GR8 I feel bad for the shop because he doesn't get a lot of business. He has actually had to open a pet store/ barber/ hunting store. I didn't even buy my bow there because everything he has is pre 1990's PSE bows. It might be time to find a new shop because with the economy the way it is I doubt he will be around that much longer.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

BowTech OEM strings are very high quality strings. Rivals any custom on the market.

Iam stillrunning a special on VaporTrails if interested.

Dan
Old 04-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Any decent shop should be willing to install the strings. And, you should be willing to pay them a reasonable fee to installed the strings, nock point, d-loop (if applicable) and string silencers (if applicable). He knows that there are many brands that are preferred to his current stock.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

IA, BowTech makes BowTech strings... there's close to 100 stringbuilders working full-time in Eugene, OR., that do nothing but make strings.

BowTech sells strings as an aftermarket product under the "Octane" brand and they can be special-ordered in any custom color configurations available that you can dream up... just place your order through any BowTech dealer.

I'd put them up against ANY custom strings out there on the market; they come with halo servings and everything you'd expect from a top-flight aftermarket custom place.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

IA, BowTech makes BowTech strings... there's close to 100 stringbuilders working full-time in Eugene, OR., that do nothing but make strings.

BowTech sells strings as an aftermarket product under the "Octane" brand and they can be special-ordered in any custom color configurations available that you can dream up... just place your order through any BowTech dealer.

I'd put them up against ANY custom strings out there on the market; they come with halo servings and everything you'd expect from a top-flight aftermarket custom place.
Thats cool .I just picked up a new 08 diamond justice and i was impressed that their was no string twist going on,i thought to myself that these were some very good S&C.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Agreed. BowTech has always had a super high quality string. Better than anyone else by far. whether winners choice, or the Vaportrail/stone mountains, or the "house' strings or the "O2" or the "octane". I've never had one ounce of trouble. They rarely creep, and lock in super quick. I've never even been bothered to THINK about putting a custom string on a BowTech.

There are some fantastic custom builders for sure, and they can build you custom stuff to suit your needs to a T. But in your sitch (feeling bad about your shop installing aftermarket), I'd tell them I want Octane/Bowtech replacements. If they are dealer, they should be able to get them I'd think.

FWIW-Although I never had nearly as much trouble out of my post Y2K Zebra/Cudas as some people have/do- they still cannot compare to the BowTech strings- not even close.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:03 AM

Thanks for all the replies. I really loved the string that came with my bow. I may try to get another year out of the string. It still looks pretty good if I didn't know it was 3 years old I would never guess it. I've only hunted with it for 2 seasons, but being an '05 model I know it sat at the store for a while. It was never shot while there though so I'm thinking I could get another year out of it what do you guys think? I don't shoot nearly as often as I should. I would guess somewhere between 1500-2000 shots a year. So thats around 3000-4000 shots in its life.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: IADeerHunter16
So thats around 3000-4000 shots in its life.
My advice- You really need to change that string ASAP.

Quick Reply: Stock bowtech strings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.