Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thinking about Bow hunting. Need tips >

Thinking about Bow hunting. Need tips

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thinking about Bow hunting. Need tips

Old 04-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default Thinking about Bow hunting. Need tips

Gonna buy me a beginner bow. Saw this @ Cabela's http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...hart_cmpd_bows

$299. A decent starter bow? I've shot compound bows a few times before. Gonna use it for early deer bow season this fall.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:47 AM
Spike

Default RE: Thinking about Bow hunting. Need tips

Looks like a great starter bow, it'll get the job done for sure. You don't need to spend a whole lot of money but you might wish to upgrade on some of the accesories as the ones that come with the package bows are of pretty poor quality. A wisker biskut, cheap stabalizer and some slightly better pins wouldn't cost much and would go a long way in improving the setup, especially for a starter bow. Make sure when you get arrows that they are cut to the correct length and spined correctly, as that is a big factor most guys overlook when first starting out. Any tech guy at cabela's should be able to help you out, plus the guys in the tech forum here are more than willing to talk you through it.

Make a ton of time to practice this summer and you should be ready by the time fall rolls around. Good luck and welcome to the addiction!
Old 04-27-2009, 07:37 AM

Awesome, congrats on the new addiction. I am sure you will have a great time learning the sport. It is plenty of fun i promise. The biggest tip I have for you is to wear those strings out practicing. Good luck.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are located close to a Cabela's I would personally go there and try it out to see if you like the way it feels in your hand and how it shoots....if you've shot a compound bow before like you mentioned and you know your going to stay with it I would try several brands of bows and price ranges.You need to see if the Bow is quiet when shooting it,get the proper drawlength and pull weight too.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good Luck and enjoy the Great sport of archery!!

Dan
Old 04-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Before you buy a bow,go and check out bowhunters superstore.com--they have a bowtech nitrous for $399.00(SOLD FOR 800.00+ LAST YEAR) and then checkout the Tech hunter for under 3 bills i believe.Either bow is a HELL of a deal--i got the nitrous and almost feel guilty(almost).DO IT!

Old 04-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I also have the Diamond Rock on my website for $399 and that includes free shipping.

There is also a discount on any accessories bought with a Bow purchase

Dan
Old 04-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think all of the last 3 bows mentioned here are a better deal the what was originally is question.MEANV,you could get him set up properly also,being that you actually hunt yourself.Believe it or not there are some guys that promote things they know nothing about
Old 04-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jsasker

I think all of the last 3 bows mentioned here are a better deal the what was originally is question.MEANV,you could get him set up properly also,being that you actually hunt yourself.Believe it or not there are some guys that promote things they know nothing about
I have set up many bows that I have sold and would be more than Happy to help him in any way I can.

At least get him started in the right direction as economical as possible

Dan
Old 04-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jsasker

Before you buy a bow,go and check out bowhunters superstore.com--they have a bowtech nitrous for $399.00(SOLD FOR 800.00+ LAST YEAR) and then checkout the Tech hunter for under 3 bills i believe.Either bow is a HELL of a deal--i got the nitrous and almost feel guilty(almost).DO IT!
Now I'll agree that it's better to shop around, but that Bowtech Nitrous was NEVER an $800 bow, it was a budget bow produced on a limited production run to be sold out of some of the larger box-stores. Even Bowtech's HIGH DOLLAR bows aren't $800, at least MOST places. The Nitrous should be a nice bow though considering the two bows it was developed after.

There are lots of good bows out there, I don't think any of the companies make bad bows really. You're best best is to check out some bows in a shop, shoot a few, making sure you get a draw-weight that is manageable for you, and make sure the DL is correctly measured.

Quick Reply: Thinking about Bow hunting. Need tips

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.