HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Biggest Losers?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/292723-biggest-losers.html)

MeanV2 04-25-2009 09:27 AM

Biggest Losers??

In a way this does have something to do with Bowhunting!

Just wondering how many like me had a goal to lose weight and get in better shape this year? I started off the year weighing 231# I never had anyone guess me at that weight and most commented I carried my weight very well.

Huh!! I though it was pretty tough to carry![8D]So I made a vow to myself to lose weight and get in better shape, so I could be more effecient at Bowhunting this Spring, Fall, & Winter. Also being more effecient at work is a plus too.

I went on a strict diet, started walking, and bicycling 3 to 4 times a week.

Weighed in this week at 204#!:D

Boy can I tell a difference in the way I feel. Only had one or 2 headaches this year, and I'm full of energy! Plans are to go on down to 190# to 195# and maintain and improve conditioning.

Everybody else that is on a weight lose plan or trying to improve conditioning check in here!

Maybe we can support each other as we check in onour progress!:D

Dan

virginiashadow 04-25-2009 11:18 AM

RE: Biggest Losers??

The weight I feel best is around 205 lbs. I was up to 225 earlier this year, but I am slowly coming down and am around 220 now. I figured out the problem. I eat at work in the dining hall with the juveniles I watch every day, the food is full of fat. I started to eat my own food last week and have already lost 2-3 lbs.

MeanV2 04-25-2009 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

The weight I feel best is around 205 lbs. I was up to 225 earlier this year, but I am slowly coming down and am around 220 now. I figured out the problem. I eat at work in the dining hall with the juveniles I watch every day, the food is full of fat. I started to eat my own food last week and have already lost 2-3 lbs.
I think that's the key is finding a weight you really feel good at. I really ought to try and get down to 185# but for now my goal remains 190# to 195#

I know on my last Elk hunt I got down to 176# and even the natives couldn't keep up with me;)

Dan

SeraphHHC 04-25-2009 12:15 PM

good for u

Greg / MO 04-25-2009 02:01 PM

Wanna go ALL out? ;)

I'm on Day 27 of P90X... We've got our own thread in the official P90X forums...

http://forums.teambeachbody.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/5082996357/m/5601013661

bloodcrick 04-25-2009 05:26 PM

Dan you are absolutly right, it has something to do with bowhunting. It makes you perform better in the field and just feel down right good. I was 230 two years ago, I started eating different cutting out sweets and soda, now just water. I started hitting the weights and just recently like Greg, picked up on p90X, Im now currently 185 lbs and im not joking, i feel 20 years younger ;)Do it!!

peakrut 04-26-2009 01:08 AM

I am finally able to start this afternoon when I awake from the working 3rd shift.
My starting weight is 245lbs and I would like to get down to 200lbs by Oct 1.

T

AR Bowhunter 04-26-2009 01:41 AM

I started outat 215 Janurary 1st. Now I am at 198 still want to drop another 10 lbs.

MeanV2 04-26-2009 04:12 AM

Good Luck guys!! Keep checkin in here with your progress every couple of weeks, and I'll do the same.;)

Dan

OHbowhntr 04-26-2009 07:17 AM

Dan,
I've been putting some time on my stepper and lifting LIGHT weights in HIGH reps working on my cardio for my elk hunt this fall. I initially gained about 10#, and have since dropped those 10 plus a couple. I can put 25-30 minutes on my stepper, and get bored before I get worn out. Been putting in some couple mile hikes up down and around through my woods as well. For me it's far more about my conditioning than my weight, I ran 5-7miles a day when I was in the Army, and weighed 225#, not I'm not in near the shape I was in then, not musclar nor cardio, but I weigh about 15# on average more. My knees and hips and back have all VETO'd the idea of running again, so using the stepper, and hopefully soon as I find a little more daylight and time, biking will be part of my regimen as well. Good Luck in your venure, I'm still about 18# from where I'd like to be when I head west, but if I don't get there, but am well-conditioned, that will be good enough for me. Several years ago, I dropped from 249 to 197 in a 3 month period, and I looked like a skeleton. My wife actually told me to put some weight back on, and I more than obliged, maybe overdid it a bit, but I'm in decent enough shape to do what I need to do, be it play ball with the kids or chase after my teenage nephews when they needs roughing up.