HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What is the lightest treestand made ? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/29216-what-lightest-treestand-made.html)

Zelazny 04-28-2003 11:40 AM

What is the lightest treestand made ?

Got an elk hunt this fall, and I might try and pack in a treestand on my back. If I choose to do this I want the lightest stand available. Opinions please ?

mlaubner 04-28-2003 01:54 PM

RE: What is the lightest treestand made ?

For the features, strength and stability my vote goes to the " Lone Wolf" sit and climb

PAhunter86 04-28-2003 03:48 PM

I have a Lone Wolf. I have straps on it so I can carry it on my back. It' s super light, I love it!

WhiteRaven 04-28-2003 06:20 PM

The Xenon 2000. Weighing in at an incredible 37 nanograms, this 3' x 4' anti-gravity hover stand (with optional Lazyboy) has got to be the lightest one I' ve ever tested. To make things even easier, the Xenon 2000L has a built in GPS. Just punch in the co-ordinates to your favorite location and it will meet you there. Coming soon to a dealer near you.

TREEDOG 04-28-2003 06:25 PM

what

Hunter001 04-28-2003 06:37 PM

I like Lone Wolf Tree stands. I packed one in last year for a friend of mine. The Tree Lounge is also a very light stand

PABowhntr 04-29-2003 05:20 AM

I have seen a couple hang on models in the 6-7 pound range. I think Cabelas had one as well as Warren and Sweat and one or two others as well.

As for a climber.....I am unsure about the weight of the Lone Wolf models but Timber Tall treestands makes a climber that weighs in at 11 pounds. Is that light enough for you?

:)

I forgot the website address but I believe it is something like www.timbertall.com www.timbertalltreestands.com or www.timbertalloutdoors.com .....

Zelazny 04-29-2003 06:31 AM

Has anyone ever seen the old aluminum cafeteria type chairs they made 20+ years ago ? They were extremely light, I wonder why 6-7 pounds is as light as a tree stand can be made ? Seems to me there would be a demand for an ultra light treestand, even with a higher price ??

xibowhunter 04-29-2003 10:12 AM

:D:D:Dany one you don' t have to carry every time you go hunting!!!!!:D:D:D

mez 04-29-2003 11:59 AM

Look into the gorilla silverback series. Aluminum stands at very resonable prices, they weigh 9-10 lbs depending on the model. They are very well constructed and very comfortable.